Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Harmony Suites(Castries)(Great Value!)
$85
$80
$125
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
$59
$53
Villa Beach Cottages(Castries)
$275
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)(Great Value!)
$224
$180
bedfinder
No availability for your dates from our partners
Sandals Regency La Toc(Castries)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,843 results
All reviewspapa donsupper deckplunge poolkids cluball inclusive planhibiscus suiterodney bayjammers bartime sharebanana boatdragonfly restaurantdragon flywater sportsall inclusive optionshuttle servicesea urchinsst lucia
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was our second trip to both St Lucia and Windjammer and we have fallen in love with both.......the people on the island are fabulous and the staff of Windjammer brilliant. We were made welcome (again) as soon as we got to the resort and had an excellent holiday. The villa's are great with breath-taking views and the daily housekeeping is excellent too......all the staff we have met are wonderful and we have mad a number of friends in the resort. In the last two years the management have carried out a number of renovations and modernisations and the resort, in my opinion, continues to improve year on year........I know that their plans for 2014 and 2015 involve lots of continued development and this only bodes well for the future.

We have already booked for next year and look forward to returning very much indeed.

Room Tip: all rooms are great but the "estate villas" are very special indeed
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Guy M
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Hello Guy M

Thank you for coming back to Windjammer Landing! We know that there many travel options available and when guests like you choose to return to our terrific Resort, it is a real honour. Thank you for taking time to write this review. I am happy that the second time around you had another excellent holiday! I appreciate your kind mention about our staff; we are so fortunate to have such a great team. We look forward to your return in 2015. If you have any special requests, please let me know; it will be my absolute pleasure to help you.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I last reviewed WJL in 2007 but have been back every year since then, and for good reason, we invested in a timeshare ! Probably one of the best investments we ever made.
Not only does Windjammer continue to impress but every year there is a new improvement or facility to enjoy, this year Upper Deck restaurant was the best ever place to eat and there were additional boats to sail and paddle-boards at watersports. The Mini-Mart was also extended but seemed to offer about the same range of groceries.
Whilst we were there new development was taking place for the new Spa/gym facility, bit noisy on the beach but not too bad.
Not much more to say that i didnt say in my previous review, if you are going to St Lucia, stay at Windjammer, there is no other place like it !

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zoom6562
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Zoom6562

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy that you know "we are the best of the best in the Caribbean'! We continue to make improvements and upgrades as that is the only way to get better and to make you happier with each visit! If there is anything I can do help you on your next visit please let me know; I will be happy to assist you..

Best wishes to you and your family,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I went for my wedding, my husband-to-be said it was a holiday, with a wedding taking place for a few hours, apart from our mothers, that is what was latched upon by all.
Check-in was a bit hectic and not well controlled, then again, if you are offering rum punches and a cold towel upon arrival to 30 guests, then the majority of them walk off and base themselves at the rum punch station mixing their own, whilst others head out to the beach, what is to be expected?
Just to help the bonding process of those guests who were meeting for the 1st time on this trip, I felt compelled to join them and leave the staff to do what they deemed best. We were all checked-in after about an hour and a half, very happy and ready for the barbeque taking place that night.
I wanted a beach wedding and considered Windjammer Landings as my wedding venue because "HE" had been before, said it was a nice friendly place with good food and the guests would enjoy what they had to offer. I chose it because of the on-line reviews, the wedding packages available, the information, advise and compromises offered when speaking directly to the Wedding planners Mel and Lynn.
The service and attention to detail from start to finish, provided by Mel and Lynn, was exceptional, all their recommendations were spot on and my.... our personal additions were catered for at short notice.
The beach area for the wedding ceremony was perfectly set out, the transfer of guests was without issues, those conducting the marriage were professional and relaxed and became a part of the event, even when "HE" wanted to play the fool.
The reception location (Embers) was beautifully decorated, the food of excellent quality and quantity, as was the drinks and entertainment.
Mel and Lynn stayed throughout the event which could not have been any better, unless, they had a portfolio of available St Lucian men to top the man I married.
I would highly recommend Windjammer Landings for any wedding requirements.
As for the holiday...
The staff could not do enough for you and many have become friends, all 30 guests would have their own story to tell.
Kershara on reception, averted every problem that might have occurred, caused by HIM. His credit card did not work, (failed to tell the bank he was going abroad... idiot), she sorted it, changed apartments 3 times, to spend time with friends he was seeing every day, she checked him out and in each time, .. why?
Kershara, the credit card is now mine, the bill is his, I will be back to spend time with you and the team, get planning.
We had an 8 year old girl (Bella), who loves mangoes, but had only had ones from the supermarket and wanted to see and pick one from a tree.
Mel and the gardeners sort out a suitable on-site tree with large fruits on it and allowed her to pick her own, she was overjoyed and said they were the best mangoes she has ever tasted.
There were 1st timers in the Caribbean, that queried the types of fruits that were growing on various trees, the staff picked and distributed what was available and edible for tasting and explained what they were for, some of which were cooked for them, along with fish some of the men caught, all free of charge, where else would you find that?
On the flight back to London, apparently plans were being made by all to return to Windjammer Landings St Lucia... I would live on the resort, it was that good.
I would also like to give a big thank you to Heather and her colleagues in the Private Residence Club, for the complementary 3 nights in a secluded apartment away from HIS friends, after the wedding.
We went onto a supposedly top of the range venue, on another Island for the 2nd part of the honeymoon, then to stay with friends, the name of this venue is known throughout the world, the facilities and food was disappointing, and did not compete with Windjammer on this occasion.

Room Tip: Check the bill as they can get mixed up, but are always corrected without issue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Angie191

Dear Angie191

Congratulations to you and your husband! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such a terrific review. It is always wonderful to know when people like you enjoyed our Resort; it makes us so happy! Mel and Lynn are undoubtedly the best Wedding Specialists ever! I will tell them of you mention and I will tell Kershara too; she is a gem! I am glad that Bella had a wonderful introduction to our Caribbean fruits.
We look forward to welcoming you again at our lovely Resort. I would love to assist you when you are planning your return trip. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any help.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Sadly returned to work after an incredible fortnight at Windjammer with my family The resort is outstanding in all respects so it is difficult and unfair to single out any one part as exceptional.
Going through each of the facilities we experienced:

Arrival: My wife and I commented that we had not received such a warm welcome at a hotel or resort. Tasha was personable, informative, friendly and VERY welcoming.
Things just continued in this same vein .

Accommodation: A very pleasant one bedroom villa with a wonderful view from a large deck. Housekeeping was great and practically invisible; each day we returned to magically cleaned and immaculate villa.

Breakfast in Dragonfly was always very good with a superb choice. We always had great service and a big smile from Randy.

Restaurants: The Carnival was on during our second week and staff levels dropped a little. However, this only had a slight effect across the resort and the staff working upped their game to keep service levels high.
Although all the outlets were very good with superb food, we enjoyed the Upper Deck and Papa Don's the most. The Coconut Shrimp and the steaks at the upper deck were outstanding.

June, who runs Papa Don’s, was so friendly and accommodating, and had very happy staff. This showed in the service and the food; the Lamb chops are legendary! Marcus at Papa Don’s had a great sense of humour and always looked after us very well.

The guys behind the bar at Jammers were helpful and attentive. Trevon, Alex and Travis especially looked after us very well. Great cocktails, thanks guys. The Rotis at lunch were a big favourite here!

The ever vigilant and professional Gordon runs a great team at the waterfront. All were good fun and always happy to help. They were hot on safety and organisation. Before anyone used kit they made sure they were happy and confident, but more importantly competent. I chose to sail the large and small Hobie cats, generally twice a day, and always had great banter and assistance setting up from Kurt. Thanks for all you guys did to make my Holiday fantastic.

I can recommend a visit to the spa for a massage from Julianna who clearly knows massage therapy well.

Darrell our Ambassador could not do enough for us to ensure we have the most amazing holiday – even helping me source latex gloves to wear for sailing as a result of blisters on hands.

Finally a big thank-you to General Manager John (GM John to us) for his great team in a very well-run resort.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view...but the longer the walk or let the shuttles take the strain
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Nicholas J

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the kind words and the staff and I will let them know of your kind words. You know that some times we always have to go back to something beautiful to make sure that it really happened! And I know you had an exceptional holiday! We would very much appreciate it if you recommend us to your family and friends. Please return some day soon; we are eager to welcome you back!

All the best to you and your family,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We chose this resort based on all the excellent reviews. I read pages of reviews, so knew most of the "issues" with resort. We decided that not only could we live with them but they weren't really issues for us. They are:
Resort is on a large hill and so is very steep walk to some rooms, shuttles every few minutes and walk down is easy.
Rooms not up to par with best hotels out there, we valued the incredible views, large patio/sundecks... over some minor rust/ fit-finish imperfections.
Not much night life, we were looking for a romantic vacation not a dance party.
Families allowed, if kids bother you go to Sandals and spend lots more for same or less.
There were no obnoxious kids/families while we were there.
Isolation, resort is $40 roundtrip from anything else. We only left to do excursions which all include transportation.
Island time, staff can be slow especially noticable at dining times, We are used to staff bending over backwards at US restaurant and trying to keep tables moving along to get bigger tips and more groups through their tables for even more tips. Since we knew it could be slow we weren't upset when meals took a long time. Also on vacation so no rush to get anywhere.
small beach/swimming area: The swimming are was plenty big enough, may seem small as it is a roped of section of the big bay they are located on. Beach is plenty big enough for seating but is not a walk for miles type beach. Seemed like most if not all beaches on this island are not very long.
Most restaurants closed for breakfast and lunch, reservations required for dinner at better ones and most be made early. Knowing this we made reservation for entire stay soon as we got there. 4 of the 5 restaurants are basically in the same spot and very similar atmosphere so why get hung up on which is open. Its all about the food, which is pretty good.

Thats about all I have for drawbacks. Since I knew them ahead of time and didn't object to any of them, I had an excellent stay. The hill provides for excellent views that many of the resorts located right down on a beach won't have. The watersports were fun, staff was friendly and helpful, drinks and food were great, rooms were large, shuttles run very often, stores had everything we forgot, bugs were almost non existant.

Room Tip: Hard to believe, but all rooms look like they would have excellent views. We had 2 different rooms and both had great views. Hibiscus suites are closest to pools, restaurants, watersports but also are lowest so will not have that high up view that the other rooms have. Sun came up before 6am and shades don't block well, take eye masks.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple