“Great Property and Amazing service!!!”

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Castries
“Great Property and Amazing service!!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

What an amazing place! I visited St. Lucia with my mom, my aunt, my brother (11 years old), and my cousins (6 and 8 years old.) The trip was a summer vacation/ my college graduation trip. The trip from the airport is about an hour and a half. They offer a helicopter transport that only takes 15 minutes! We had to cancel ours due to strong winds so we took a shuttle. Once we got there we had a personalized check in service where we sat down with the front desk agent and she familiarized us with the property. We also received an ambassador that was our go to person if we needed anything. Her name was Helen and she was one of the best customer service reps I've ever met! The front desk agent was Tasha and she was also great! We were transported to our 4 bedroom villa and were made aware of the 24 hour shuttle service that could take us anywhere on property. This was a big help having little kids so we didnt have to walk up and down the steep hills everyday to get to the pool. Spencer was our favorite shuttle driver he called us by name everytime we saw him and talked with us about the area. The resteraunts are amazing, especially Papa Dons and Upper Deck. Beware of cats though!!! There are stray cats all over the resort but mostly in the restaraunts by the pool. The cats were annoying but the servers always tried to keep them away from the tables. There is so much to do at the resort and around it. We went snuba diving, snorkeling, zip lining, horseback riding, tubing, waterskiing, jet skiing, and more. The lady at the tour desk was very nice and Glen at the front desk was very friendly helping us. All in all an amazing trip and I hope we can return!

Brooke

Room Tip: Chose rooms closest to the main lobby and pool area. There are very steep hills all around the resor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Brooke1skinner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (776)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Just got back from windjammer and would highly reccomend this place to everybody. We got married in the windjammer and we had a hassle free wedding the wedding planners in the windjammer did absolutely everything for us so this is a big thanks to lynn and melanie,anyone considering gettin married abroad get these girls to take care of it you will not be disappointed and i would also say you will never find a better place to get married.we had the best time of our lifes not one bad thing to say bout the windjammer the staff are amazing. If i had one bit of advice i would strongly reccomend the all inclusive option it can be expensive if you dont and its unlimited food and drinks no hidden extras.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank johnnyl147
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in July 2012 with my partners family and I can't think of a bad word to say. The villa's we stayed in were very comfortable, not very flashy but staying there any extended period wouldn't be a problem. Food and drink prices at the bar were very reasonable and staff were very friendly! Highly recommended. ..

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Jfletcher11

Many thanks for your review! I am happy that you love our Paradise an you had a good time! Please do recommend us to your family and friends.

Best regards,
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed in one of the villas at the top of the resort - I had way more room than I needed, a well-appointed kitchen, and my own small pool. I could have brought several friends with me!

The staff were very friendly. I did leave the resort a couple of times, but I could easily have stayed in the resort. Ate in three of the restaurants - food was good, but expect service to be at a more relaxed pace. There is a small market and a few shops, but if you are planning to make meals, you will want to go to a larger grocery store off the property.

My only dislike was driving - the island is very steep and the roads are not well-marked. Castries is a good distance from the international airport. Next time, I will just arrange transportation with the resort, as I really didn't need to have a car.

Inside the resort, you don't drive - the shuttle takes you back and forth. This worked out fine for me, and the drivers were not only friendly, they were very helpful.

Room Tip: The villas at the very top have stunning views, are very private. You will have to rely on the shutt...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear SuzR_MD

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that you had a good stay with us.

Best regards,
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I couldn't be happier about our trip here. We stayed in a villa at the mid/top of the mountain. The villa was unreal. From the landscaping, beautiful cottage accents, and THE VIEW, we couldn't have asked for a better vacation.
We wanted a villa with a pool but they couldn't get us in until the next night. My only tip is the upgraded pool isn't always an upgrade. They were so nice to let us switch back to our first villa. The staff is so helpful at all times. My husband and I spent a good bit of time at the resort but we also broke away and explored the island and tried some of the local food! Highly recommend it!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elaine G
Hello Elaine G

Thank you for your review! I am happy you had a wonderful vacation!

Best wishes to you and your husband,
Oldsmar
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The resort was very nice. Great views and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the Hot Tub is a real hazard. My wife had a nasty fall and seriously injured her arm entering the hot tub. The builders apparently did not think to put non-glazed tiles on the stairs leading down into the hot tub. I also almost slipped because the footing is treacherous. If this is not corrected can see someone having a life threatening accident in that hot tub area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was the first time for me to leave Texas and go to a resort. The staff in the front desk like Tasha was so joyful when she greeted us. The waitresses Giselle and Oswaldine- Ozzy took care of us with any special requests. Giselle served us fresh mangos from her home and Ozzy sweet talked the chef to make us a snack off the menu. Alexander and Ernest made the best drinks, even some for the first time! My husband and I had a couples massage and Millie and Ann catered to us like we were family.
My kids didn't go with me but the kids club was amazing! The kids were all happy and enjoyed all the Aunties that they played with. The security at this hotel is amazing! I never felt nervous waking on the beach at night with this added feature. Mr. And Mrs. Ozawa were also so welcoming and kind. He shared that if we had a special need to let him know! Amazingly we never needed to call him because his amazing staff was always working and serving!
Thanks Wind Jammer Resort!
Felicia Sheedy

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank FeliciaSheedy
Hello FeliciaSheedy

Many thanks for your kind review! Thank you for the nice comments! We do indeed have amazing staff and a great Managing Director! I will inform Giselle, Ozzy, Alexander and Ernest of your kind mention. Please do visit us again if you can; it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Best wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!