“Amazing views, resort and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Castries
NewEngland
“Amazing views, resort and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

If you are looking for a place for couples, families, singles or groups. This resort has everything you need in one location on the beautiful island of St Lucia. You can rent individual rooms up to 5 bedroom villas with private pools. The staff are amazing and make their guests feel at home.

Room Tip: If you can rent a villa with private pool. I would and I also had a couples massage by the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear rmangirl

Thank you for your review about our wonderful Resort! Please do recommend us to your frineds and family.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
Springfield - Springfield Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Spectacular views from our villa. The staff made us feel important. The food was very good, with five restaurants, there were choices. Live music three of the five nights we were there. The villa was clean, and well appointed. We had a one bedroom with our own plunge pool. We are returning next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank John K
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello John K

Thank you fro your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our Resort! We look forward to welcoming you back next year. Please do let me know if there is anything you would like me to do for you prior to your return; it will be my pleasure to help you.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

From the time of our arrival till our departure something was evident: Friendly Caring Staff...."A great establishment depends on great workers...people who enjoy what they do!" We met this and that manager giving us a great and hearty welcome...surprised indeed and we also noticed that guests knew staff by name...ambassador programme- great initiative!!!...thanx Tasha for all your help and others...the services were exceptional...genuwinely caring staff with prompt service...still cant believe it...the rooms were breath taking...your private sanctuary...windjammer is the place to be...and we are looking forward to another visit! Mr & Mrs Thomas...

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natasha I
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hello Natasha I

Thank you fro your kind review. I am happy that you had have found your private sanctuary; please make it your very own! I will most certainly pass on your kind remarks to Tasha; she will be ever so pleased. I hope you return in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Oh!!! Wow, were we surprised, This place is FANTASTIC........ Could spend the next hour singing the praises of this resort but I shall cut it short as there is so much good to say about the staff, the accommodation, the food and the overall friendly atmosphere of the place. From the second you enter the reception the genuine friendliness of the staff there starts..... they are amazing people and genuine..... no fixed corporate smiles here. To name all the staff will take forever but Jaqueline you are amazing as all the front of house staff. The waterspouts team lead by Gordon are 100% professionals and the centre is run in an exceptional manner.... Food is to a high standard and our favourite place was Papa Dons We ate there mostly and June you are the best along with your first class team..... wish we could have the kind of service here in the UK you guys gave us, thank you very very much for making my birthday dinner such a memorable occasion, especially the the ice-cream birthday cake with a candle. The Lamb chops at Papa Dons are amazing, think we had 3 times. Upper Deck was also good for food and service for dinner and lunch... Steak mignon was the best we have had anywhere. The accommodation was amazing in the Hibiscus Suites.... a washer and dryer meant we did not return with cases full of soiled laundry, hurrah to that. The room was spotless, we even had a hot tub on the sun terrace. Back to the staff they are ALL amazing people and find words fail to give picture of how wonderful they ALL are from The top man all the way down. We reached the point of going to reception just prior to our last couple of days to say "we have come to complain that we have nothing to complain about" Think that says it all about this wonderful resort. There were families there, older people, honeymooners, wedding parties, people from all corners of the globe and it makes for a lovely relaxed atmosphere but elegance arrived after dark for dinner. The managers weekly cocktail party is must as all the departments are in attendance, there are prizes for honeymooners, anniversaries, birthdays and a quick quiz followed by a fabulous floor show. A band plays Creole music during the party, they are great. All the live music throughout is of a very high calibre indeed. As for those complaining about waiting for food!!! This is all prepared fresh at order if you want fast food then look for a Macdonalds....... all good things are worth waiting for.... anyway what is the rush? you are on vacation.
So once again Jaqueline the amazing you did us proud and we came expecting the worst after some of the crazy reviews on trip advisor, those people can not have been at the same resort and I am a fuss pot of the 1st order.
Please tell ALL your wonderful colleagues at WINDJAMMER how amazing they are and we will be back. Thank thank you thank you for the best holiday ever. Love you all.
Stan (The Bajan) & Jean

Room Tip: Hibiscus Suites. Gorgeous views and handy if walking is a problem.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jean B
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hello Jean B

It was an absolute delight to have met you and Stan. Thank you so much for a detailed and terrific review! Our Resort is fantastic! We always do our utmost to ensue that and our guests are happy when they are away from home. I am happy that you had an amazing holiday. Thank you for the kind comments about June and Gordon; I will make sure they know about them. I can't wait for you to return with you children and grandchildren! It will be our pleasure to welcome them. Keep safe until we meet again!

Best wishes to you and your family,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My experience includes: invasion of ants that traumatized me. Good customer service from my ambassador. Pleasant moments on the beach and on my 1bedroom unit balcony.

I love St Lucia, it is truly simply beautiful! My excitement for booking a stay at Windjammer was unfortunately met with big disappointment. Others have not experienced this so you might still have a great time.

My timeshare unit had ants when I checked in. I thought it was a minor thing, but it turned into a major thing. Big ants invaded my unit late my 3rd night like a scary movie. The bottle of spray was the best management could do until a day later. I had already had nightmares of ants invading my stuff (food and clothing) from the 2nd night. I felt like I had to plan to spray at certain times of day to keep them away while I slept. That was crazy and truly unacceptable for a vacation! My ambassador and front desk manager arranged the exterminator and put me in a room to sleep for several hours. Of course the million dollar question was: why couldn't they put me in a new unit overall for the rest of the week? sigh... Anyway they gave me one complimentary dinner.

My view was great! I opted to not pay for the all inclusive plan. I cooked on my own in my kitchen. I went grocery shopping at the big supermarket nearby before checking in. The food was great at the restaurants that I did try though. As others have mentioned it is pricey if you do not pay for the all inclusive plan.

If you have kids, they might really enjoy the kids club. If you are planning a couples only stay, you might want to explore other options on the island. This is a family resort. It also has very steep hills, so walking from your unit to other parts of the property is really not easy. I even thought I could walk and I was wrong wrong wrong. I walked from my unit to the spa because I was close to it. I walked from my unit to the front desk and the beach, but I learned that walking back to my unit was almost impossible...on a hot day with flip flops on and a bag to carry. If you are working out and are experienced at the pull of gravity from walking up a steep hill, then by all means you can walk up, but the shuttle is really the way to go. Feel free to message me with questions.

Would I go back? I would not spend my hard earned money here, but I would go back if I was invited on someone else's dime.

Room Tip: you will need a shuttle ride to/from your room if not right by the front desk
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SheilaIsTru
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for the lengthy review. I am sorry about the ant problem. We could have handled this better and I have discussed this with the people involved. I appreciate the other feedback and hope you come back (even if on someone else's dime!)

Regards,
Mark Ozawa
Managing Director
mark.ozawa@windjammer-landing.com
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The service at windjammer is exceptional, and the room was perfect comfort for an island getaway. We were in the second row of villas, had great view of sunset from our roof. Plunge pool in villa was great! Beware of expensive and subpar dining on premise, opt for orange wood grill down the street.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Haley Y
Dear Haley Y

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy that that you had a good holiday.

illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We went to the Windjammer the end of May. I have to admit my expectations were pretty low. I really did not expect much.
WOW was I in for a SUPRISE. This place is great.
The location is absolutely beautiful. Yes it is hilly but you are in a very mountainous country so this should not come as a surprise.
There are shuttles that run every 15 minutes so there is never a very long wait.
The food was quite good. I am a Vegan and my wife is vegetarian. It was very easy to find plenty of vegetarian food on the menus but not so much for a Vegan. That being said any special request were never a problem. The staff were fantastic.

A special shout out to Valerie at Jammers. Our favorite weather girl!
The beach is quite small and only a portion of it is open for swimming, the rest is open but you are warned not to use it due to urchins.
The resort could use a little TLC. The rooms and portions of the resort are showing their age. We were told they are closing the entire resort later this year to do an expansion and renovation. would love to go back after the renovation.
Bottom line great resort and cannot wait to go back!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank wow409
Dear wow409

Thanks for taking time for your review! I am glad that you had a great vacation. We will certainly inform Valerie of your special shout out. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,008 reviews
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!