just returned from our holiday at the Windjammer. We had a great time at a lovely resort. The biggest asset of this place in my opinion is the staff. Everyone is so friendly and genuinely want the best for the guests. To name but a few....Ernest Herbert and Marcus, Gisselle and Oswaldine from Jammers beach bar. Jerneta Samantha and Sharon to name but a few. The reception staff and the guys who drive the shuttle buses , the water sports and beach staff......all fantastic.
The villas and rooms are all set into a steep hillside, the higher up the hill you go the bigger and more luxurious the accommodation. View from the top is fantastic....Oh to afford a villa up there. Shuttle buses transport you wherever your villa is which is good as the climbs are very steep.
Our room was a premium ocean view, large room clean comfy bed and nice bathroom. We had a roof terrace whice we did not use as we preferred to head down to the beach. Couple of points on the room, lack of mirror in the bedroom and a staircase leading down to the room below. No door on our side off the staircase and only a flimsy door at the bottom leading in to the downstairs room. Convenient I suppose if you were a family group or friends but not very private, could hear everything from below and presumably vice versa. Wouldn't take much to put another door at the top of the staircase.
The food in all the restaurants was very good, the steaks particularly good. We were on the all inclusive plan and looking at the restaurant prices it was well worth it. Good to have a choice of 4 restaurants too so not eating from the same menu every night.
The beach is a little dissapointing in that there is a very small swimming area due to rocks and sea urchins. Far end of the beach is a bit stoney under foot and we noticed that some evenings they spread a layer of sand down. Didn't bother us, but not a long stretch of sandy beach if that's what you want. Great water sports and beach activities.
All in all a great resort in a good location with fabulous staff. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries