We visited Windjammer over Christmas 2013, traveling with our son's aged 20 and 18. We arrived late in the evening due to the ice storm in Toronto but were immediately made to feel at home as they brought out food and a great rum punch in reception while we checked in. We were upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa #12 which was within 100yds of reception. It was an easy walk despite the grumbles from the 2 young adults in our family. The shuttle service is amazing and when we did use it never waited more than a few minutes for it to arrive. The villa was wonderful, clean, airy and newly decorated. We had no complaints and the cleaning and pool staff kept the place spotless for us.
All the restaurants served great food and the buffet breakfast in Dragonfly always set us up for the day. The theme nights were excellent and you never got fed up of the choices at both lunch or dinner.
The bars served great cocktails and the local Piton beer is very refreshing. The beach bar was a welcome oasis from the sun and Alex and Marcus deserve a special mention for keeping us hydrated and entertained with their surprise cocktails. The wine was also good with a good selection included in the all-inclusive price.
I have to mention how great the staff were on Christmas Eve when a storm settled over the island. The rain was torrential and when the power went out the flash lights nightsticks went on. Food and drinks were still served at all the restaurants and the staff took it all in their stride. We ate at Papa Don's that evening and arrived to find the rain pouring down the stairs and flooding the floor. Everything was still served off the menu and we watched as the chefs put together great food by the light of candles and nightsticks.
On arrival back at our villa the top floor, our bedroom had water on the floors hat had run in under the door from the road. Immediately a security guard arrived to check we were ok and to dry out our floor with extra towels.
The power was back on during the night and by morning we found out how bad the storm had been. The manager kept us well informed with written updates on the status of the water and power on the resort and conditions around the island. Some rooms had problems with hot water and water pressure but it did not seem to dampen anyone's spirits. Extra bottled water was supplied for those who needed it.
I have to say this is a wonderful resort with a great atmosphere. The manager is a regular face around the resort and very approachable and the staff, of which there are so many, could not be be more friendly or helpful. Do not be put off by the moans and groans of the reviews about the resort being on a hillside. It makes for amazing views and sunsets and a little exercise to work off the amazing food you are going to eat.
The only thing I ask to improve before our next visit because we will be going back is more sand on the beach especially where the beach volleyball is played.
St. Lucia is a wonderful island with wonderful people. We can't wait to go back to enjoy another wonderful vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Cancelon and Jetsetter so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries