Bottom line: Windjammer Landing is truly a great place and we recommend it for honeymooners or families.
We originally found the Windjammer Landing through the RCI timeshare program but the dates were blocked out so we decided to book directly. Our agent was great and she hooked us up with complimentary chocolates and foot rituals at the spa.
Room: We were in a one bedroom villa and loved the space: full kitchen, spacious living room and bedroom, and plunge pool on the balcony with an amazing view of the water, sunsets, cruises and Castries in the distance. Our maid, Mathilda, kept the place spotless on a daily basis.
Food: We ate at all the restaurants. The food was delicious. From the tuna sushi at Upper Deck to the pizza at Papa Don's to the "topless tuna" at Jammer's. Breakfast at Dragonfly every morning, try the Belgian waffles with homemade whipped cream. We also opted for in villa dining one night which was a blast. Max (chef extraordinar) and a server cooked a meal in our villa! They took pictures and conversed as they served an incredible meal that we selected off of the Upper Deck menu.
Beach: Picturesque beach where you get a view of the Windjammer estate on the hill. The pictures on TripAdvisor do not really do the Windjammer justice. Do remember that St. Lucia is a volcanic island so there are not the stereotypical white sand beaches found elsewhere in the Caribbean. There is a swimming area roped off. Anywhere outside of the swimming area, you run the risk of stepping on a sea urchin but can still snorkel in those parts. There is a Beach Bar and weddings can be arranged on the beach. Windjammer is also expanding the estate on the hillside.
Activities: We did snorkeling, scuba diving, wakeboarding, kayaking, and paddle boarding (for the first time!) Windjammer has plenty of other activities including tennis, peddle boating, kid’s activities, and wind surfing. A jetski guy is available but he is not associated with Windjammer. We took part in a couples massage at the spa which was awesome. Tuesday nights is manager’s cocktail hour which is a good opportunity to meet the staff and other guests. It’s the largest congregation at the Windjammer during the week.
Staff: Super friendly and accommodating. Dial “0” on your phone and they will send a complimentary shuttle to your room, make a reservation for you…anything. Every employee has a nametag and the company does a good job of making sure you’re in good hands, even when you’re off the property. Kudos to Daniel the bartender at Jammer’s for being super friendly and pouring some great drinks.
Other activities: While in St. Lucia, see the Pigeon Island National Park, the Gros Islet Street Party on Friday nights, the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and the vendor market in Castries, and the Pitons and sulfur springs south of Soufriere. Rainforest Hideaway restaurant at Marigot Bay was a quiet and unforgettable getaway. If you want to journey south of Castries, it’s worth renting a car.
All in all, Windjammer Landing was a great place. If you’re young and like a big party scene then Sandals may be your scene. But we definitely enjoyed the laid back yet fun environment at Windjammer. We already miss the shuttle rides up the lush hill, swimming in the pool, and the sunsets. If you go around Christmas, they decorate and light the property well.
Photos to follow...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries