Just got back from our second trip to the Windjammer-Landing during the first week of December and again we know why we went the first time. We have travel to a lot of places and this is probably one of the ones we like the most. The best thing we like about the resort is the view from the units that are built on the hill side. It is hard to beat. We were there two years ago and thought the unit would be hard to beat, but this time it was even better. We had a two bedroom room unit in the estate villas with a large individual pool. The unit was very clean and plenty of room for 4 people. The unit we stayed in several years ago was an open type of unit, but we understand they are upgrading and enclosing many of the units.
The resort has an option inclusive plan for meals with three different choices. We went with the half board selection, as they called it and found we were very happy with the decision. There are five restaurants on the resort with Papa Docs being the best. The food is about twice what you would pay in the US and the resort prices may be a little more expensive than outside the resort but all food on the island is more expensive.We ate at several restaurants in Rodney Bay and found the food good there also. We would say this is not a party type of resort, but one that caters to families and couples. The resort provides a lot of activities and there are many water things that are provided free while there. Also every night entertainment is provide which we enjoyed very much. There are several pools which are not that large, however we found most people use the beach anyway.
We also found the staff very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate any needs we had. Also we found if we had any problems, Helen Richards was the person to see. She was the "can do" lady and came thru on several things.
In closing we would like to say this is the only resort we have gone back to a second time.We have stayed in many resorts and this is one of our favorites. I am sure we will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries