We just returned from honeymooning at the Windjammer. Overall, we had a great experience. The staff was very friendly, and the grounds were amazingly beautiful. We originally reserved a premium ocean view room, and it was beautiful upon arrival. But, we noticed a small drip from one of the beams in the room (and I mean small, but big enough it was going to create a puddle eventually), so we informed the front desk, thinking they would want to know to fix it for us. Instead, they immediately changed our room (with our permission), and we got to stay in a one-bedroom villa. It was amazing! The view from our balcony (which is probably the same view for about every room) was so beautiful. I spent more time there than any other place.
It is true that some rooms are quite a hike from the reception area/main pool/beach, but we just chalked it up to our daily exercise. When we did use the shuttles to/from our room, they came very quickly, so I don't think it would have been too inconvenient to use every time.
The beach wasn't huge (and I have no idea what kind of capacity the Windjammer was at while we were there), but we had no trouble finding shaded loungers each day we went to the beach. There always seemed to be plenty. We actually spent one afternoon at the upper pool closer to our room, and we had it to ourselves.
The main reason I have four instead of five dots/stars, is the food. Although all of our meals were pretty good, none of them were great. I know that's how it goes with resorts that have the AI option, so we expected it. The main courses always were good portions, but the appetizers we noticed were clearly not meant for sharing. Every app we got, we were disappointed at the portion size (again, I think this is a product of AI). We only got dessert one night, and it was good and a good portion, even for sharing.
As for the restaurants... we ate at Jammers twice, Upper Deck and Papa Don's once. I think Papa Don's was probably our favorite. Jammers was good both times. I got the daily catch both times (mahi and kingfish), and my husband got the steak once. We're from the midwest, so our steak standards are probably pretty high compared to most. He thought it was fine, but nothing special. I thought the best part of my meal was the salsa. Delicious. Seriously delicious. The fish was very good as well. I think we were a little disappointed with the Upper Deck, but only because we expected it to be more upscale and a higher quality than Jammers. They share a kitchen, so we should have realized the food was going to be pretty much the same. We only ate at the Dragonfly for breakfast on our last day. I had no complaints, but my husband did note the pancakes/syrup/something was off.
I feel like I've railed on the food a little bit here, so please don't misinterpret, we had a wonderful stay. The ONLY hesitation I would have about going back to Windjammer if we returned to St. Lucia would be whether or not we wanted to stay on that part of the island again. Otherwise, I really would recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Cancelon and Jetsetter so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries