“Our Windjammer Wedding”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Our Windjammer Wedding”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I got married at the Windjammer on May 4, 2013 and it was the absolute best experience of our lives from start to finish. I started planning with the wedding planners, Melanie and Lynn, about a year and a half before the wedding date. The planning process was great because they literally took care of everything for us and they were constantly sending me pictures of all of the options available to us (i.e. location of ceremony and reception, flowers, decorations, etc.) which were so helpful since I was planning my wedding from thousands of miles away. Upon arrival at the Windjammer, we were greeted by our awesome ambassador Darrell and with some delicious rum punch – much needed after a long day of travel! Our room was amazing! We had a premium ocean view room that had a rooftop sundeck with an amazing view of the ocean – we only had a short walk down to all of the restaurants, the pools, and the ocean. It was a steep walk back but it made for some good exercise! The one thing that I couldn’t stop talking about the entire 11 days we were there was how amazing and nice the entire staff is. The customer service was great – the staff was always saying hello, smiling, and making us feel at home. We made some new Windjammer friends while were there! We loved the bartenders at Jammers – a huge shout out to Barry, Jeff, and Jimmy (who was the bartender at our wedding reception), we also absolutely loved our friend with the contagious head-to-toe smile, Oswaldine, and enjoyed eating at Jammers for dinner and talking to Tricia (who was amazing!).

Melanie and Lynn did a great job heling one of my bridesmaids make arrangements for group dinners/activities for all of the wedding guests leading up to the wedding. We had the wedding rehearsal on Thursday evening (the wedding was on Saturday) and then had a great rehearsal dinner with all of our guests at Papa Dons. My food was great! We went on the sunset cruise with all of our guests on Friday night and that was really, really fun - highly recommend! We all ate at the BBQ themed night at Dragon Fly after the sunset cruise and then all had a great time at Jammers bar listening to live music and dancing - even though we should have called it an early night (because it was the night before the wedding) we didn't because we were having such a great time!

We had our wedding ceremony in one of the estate villas that had stunning views overlooking the ocean. Melanie and Lynn did an amazing job with transforming the villa into the ceremony site (we also held the cocktail hour here after the ceremony) and we had the steel drum band play during the ceremony and cocktail hour - they were great! People kept telling me they couldn’t believe how calm I was for a bride and it was seriously because Melanie and Lynn did everything…I had nothing to stress about! The reception was held down at Embers right on the beach – again, the transformation was amazing (thank you, Simone!). The centerpieces were beautiful and all of the decorations exceeded every expectation – it was absolutely beautiful! The food was delicious, the cake was beautiful (and delicious but I didn’t eat an entire piece because I was too busy dancing). We took Lynn and Melanie’s advice and booked a DJ for the reception and I’m so happy we did! Martin was great!! He played all of the music we wanted (plus requests from our guests) and the entire wedding party danced from dinner to the end of the reception! Even my 79 year-old grandmother was tearing up the dance floor! We had so much fun and we even had the entire reception staff on the dance floor with us for the last song teaching us how to dance to a St. Lucian song – it was amazing. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had and that it was the best wedding. All of my bridesmaids, the groomsmen, and quite a few of the wedding guests jumped in the pool after the reception ended and then we shut down Jammers later that night – it was so much fun! There were 25 of us total and we were able to celebrate such an amazing time in our lives with our family and friends but we were also able to have a once in a lifetime vacation with all of them as well. I wouldn't change a single thing (our experience was that amazing) and I can’t thank Lynn and Melanie, and the entire Windjammer staff enough. Our trip was great and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding and honeymoon! I already told my husband we will be coming back to St. Lucia every year to visit our new family at the Windjammer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
Scottdale, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hello Don here at Windjammer in St Lucia with my lovely wife of 38 years Paula .We are . We are in a bohemian jive 153 unit next to Papa Dons Mediterranean restaurant . This resort is 24 years old but kept up with pride and love . The nice thing is because of the age the vegetation is so mature and exotic ! With 5 options for eating and drinking ,ate at all and enjoyed each for their unique menus . Our first time on St Lucia and what an amazing , beautiful, friendly Island ! The people working here truly enjoy their jobs . Kudos to the management their respectful , caring style is reflected by the work family they are responsible for . We enjoyed the many pools , beach ,watersports , hobby cat was a freakn BLAST ! It went scuba diving with Charlie ,captain and dive master , while my wife went on a tree top zip line . We both had a great time enjoying the event as well as the people who where in our group .We also rented a car at the airport and drove the hair razing 1.5 hours to the other side of the island , not for the faint of heart ! Bottom line my friends we loved Windjammer and would recommend it to all !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don J
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Anniversary Celebration holiday and we spent our first week of two in St. Lucia at the Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort! Enjoyed my sisters timeshare privileges in a lovely 1 bedroom Villa overlooking the ocean. #113 if memory serves me correct. You could walk down easily but we only ever walked up once ;-) The bed was firm but comfortable and we slept well!!! Air conditioned room. Tasteful decor. Cleaning lady only services once a week when there on a timeshare which was ok. If you needed anything you just had to put a call in to the front desk and they were very quick to accommodate you. We never met an Ambassador, but did get notes on occasion delivered to our villa. Ordered breakfast one morning and it arrived promptly and was set up on the patio table nicely for us to enjoy. That was a lovely treat! Eggs benedict (very good) and fresh fruit platter... cappuccino... gorgeous view... how can you beat that!!! We really enjoyed the resort, its lovely to look at from the beach as well... the beach was rather small but we knew that going in. The water was very warm and calm. We took the boat out at 11am to go snorkeling and it was pretty good. The fellow that took us out was able to show us a variety of sea life during the half hour or so that we were out. We wished there was better snorkeling right off the beach but... at least the resort can take you to a spot, so not all is lost! The food in all of the restaurants was of excellent quality... honestly I don't think there was one meal that we did not enjoy! You cannot go wrong ordering a steak at any of the restaurants... excellent cuts!!! excellent preparation!!! The service was good, some staff were friendlier than others but the majority of them were warm and welcoming and took good care of you from start to finish. We especially enjoyed Nona at the beach bar... she made the best Pina Colada hands down!!! There is a lovely elderly lady that works in Papa Dons and she made us feel extra special each of three times that we dined there. We enjoyed our 25th Anniversary dinner at Papa Dons and they had the table done up special in our honour. It was a cute gesture.

The week during our stay there was a Jazz Festival going on, on the island so a lot of people at our resort were there to take it in. We chose to stay parked our entire week there and enjoy what the resort had to offer... we went all inclusive for 6 days and this worked for us as I was not into cooking or cleaning for that matter ;-) Yes St. Lucia is expensive, but I found their pricing to be more than fare at this resort.

I would go back to this resort... but would do so with another couple for company. I think its a good resort for families with young children and couples or newlyweds that just want to enjoy "their" time together in a very lovely setting. There isn't much nightlife past 10pm. BUT... the live entertainment that they do bring in is very enjoyable for a more mature audience!

I recommend you bring bug spray and apply it daily, morning and night (bring it to the beach with you so you can re-apply when you get out of the water) The no-see-ums (sp?) seemed to love me best but eventually caught up with my hubby as well a few days later! My legs and arms looked diseased with the amounts of welts I had and sooooo itchy!!! My mistake was not doing what I just recommended you do from day one LOL

We had a taxi driver named Frances Mason (through the Windjammer Resort Taxi Association) that picked us up from the airport and we were very comfortable with our transfer to the resort. He stopped in town at a grocery store so we could pick up a few bottles of wine and some local beer for in our Villa. (there is a store at the resort that sells this as well, just a few dollars more expensive but at least it is readily available if you so desire without having to make the trip back into town) We enjoyed our time with him so much so that we hired him especially to take us to our next location on the island for yet another fabulous week in beautiful St. Lucia.

We would go back to St. Lucia in a heart beat. What a beautiful island!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank justlyn
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

During our week stay in Saint Lucia we spent two nights at the Windjammer Landing. Overall the stay was nice. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean view suite which was set up the "hill" a ways. Shuttle service was needed to go back and forth from room to main beach/restr. areas. Food at the Upper Deck was great. An overall good stay but not a place I would return to. Also, bed was very firm and not very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great stay and wonderful resort! Villas were spacious and comfortable! Infiniti pool was private and large. Front desk was helpful especially linden,he is the best resort embassador I have ever encountered in my travels. He gives above and beyond !!!! Pap dons is the best!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Robfburns
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed here with my family and my lovely girlfriend for a week. The Villa was a bit run down, but not too bad. The resort itself is pretty relaxing and nice. Decent food and very friendly & accommodating staff. Overall, I would recommend the Windjammer to others, but not to folks on a tight budget (for those on a tight budget, just don't go to St. Lucia).

Entertainment at the resort is quite impressive, and there were a ton of young families who really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

If you are looking for some great food, Rodney Bay has some outstanding restaurants as does Castries.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa #3, which was a bit of a hike from the main resort area. There are shuttles that...