My husband and I got married at the Windjammer on May 4, 2013 and it was the absolute best experience of our lives from start to finish. I started planning with the wedding planners, Melanie and Lynn, about a year and a half before the wedding date. The planning process was great because they literally took care of everything for us and they were constantly sending me pictures of all of the options available to us (i.e. location of ceremony and reception, flowers, decorations, etc.) which were so helpful since I was planning my wedding from thousands of miles away. Upon arrival at the Windjammer, we were greeted by our awesome ambassador Darrell and with some delicious rum punch – much needed after a long day of travel! Our room was amazing! We had a premium ocean view room that had a rooftop sundeck with an amazing view of the ocean – we only had a short walk down to all of the restaurants, the pools, and the ocean. It was a steep walk back but it made for some good exercise! The one thing that I couldn’t stop talking about the entire 11 days we were there was how amazing and nice the entire staff is. The customer service was great – the staff was always saying hello, smiling, and making us feel at home. We made some new Windjammer friends while were there! We loved the bartenders at Jammers – a huge shout out to Barry, Jeff, and Jimmy (who was the bartender at our wedding reception), we also absolutely loved our friend with the contagious head-to-toe smile, Oswaldine, and enjoyed eating at Jammers for dinner and talking to Tricia (who was amazing!).
Melanie and Lynn did a great job heling one of my bridesmaids make arrangements for group dinners/activities for all of the wedding guests leading up to the wedding. We had the wedding rehearsal on Thursday evening (the wedding was on Saturday) and then had a great rehearsal dinner with all of our guests at Papa Dons. My food was great! We went on the sunset cruise with all of our guests on Friday night and that was really, really fun - highly recommend! We all ate at the BBQ themed night at Dragon Fly after the sunset cruise and then all had a great time at Jammers bar listening to live music and dancing - even though we should have called it an early night (because it was the night before the wedding) we didn't because we were having such a great time!
We had our wedding ceremony in one of the estate villas that had stunning views overlooking the ocean. Melanie and Lynn did an amazing job with transforming the villa into the ceremony site (we also held the cocktail hour here after the ceremony) and we had the steel drum band play during the ceremony and cocktail hour - they were great! People kept telling me they couldn’t believe how calm I was for a bride and it was seriously because Melanie and Lynn did everything…I had nothing to stress about! The reception was held down at Embers right on the beach – again, the transformation was amazing (thank you, Simone!). The centerpieces were beautiful and all of the decorations exceeded every expectation – it was absolutely beautiful! The food was delicious, the cake was beautiful (and delicious but I didn’t eat an entire piece because I was too busy dancing). We took Lynn and Melanie’s advice and booked a DJ for the reception and I’m so happy we did! Martin was great!! He played all of the music we wanted (plus requests from our guests) and the entire wedding party danced from dinner to the end of the reception! Even my 79 year-old grandmother was tearing up the dance floor! We had so much fun and we even had the entire reception staff on the dance floor with us for the last song teaching us how to dance to a St. Lucian song – it was amazing. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had and that it was the best wedding. All of my bridesmaids, the groomsmen, and quite a few of the wedding guests jumped in the pool after the reception ended and then we shut down Jammers later that night – it was so much fun! There were 25 of us total and we were able to celebrate such an amazing time in our lives with our family and friends but we were also able to have a once in a lifetime vacation with all of them as well. I wouldn't change a single thing (our experience was that amazing) and I can’t thank Lynn and Melanie, and the entire Windjammer staff enough. Our trip was great and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding and honeymoon! I already told my husband we will be coming back to St. Lucia every year to visit our new family at the Windjammer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, West Indies, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries