Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
East Winds(Gros Islet)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Coco Palm Resort(Rodney Bay)
MJI St Lucia(Gros Islet)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bay Gardens Hotel(Rodney Bay)
Villa Beach Cottages(Castries)
Harmony Suites(Castries)
2,825 results
All reviewspapa donsupper deckplunge poolkids cluball inclusive planhibiscus suiterodney bayjammers bartime sharebanana boatdragonfly restaurantdragon flywater sportsall inclusive optionshuttle servicesea urchinsst lucia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My family and I have just returned from almost a week at this resort (lost a day due to 24 hour flight delay), and am still feeling chilled out from the experience, which is unusual! I would agree with most of the other comments, the slightly annoying part of the break was the service, a bit hit and miss, but hey it's the Caribbean, chill and slow down, who's rushing?The rooms were great, we were in 142, great view, bit of a noisy air conditioning system but didn't seem to disturb our sleeps. The staff were pleasant and I feel if you show kindness and respect, you usually receive the same. The food was great, we went all inclusive, and I wasn't expecting the quality and choice so gained a few pounds as well, the drinks also very good especially the great cocktails and smoothies. What was brilliant was the water sports that were available, the Sailing boats were kept busy by my family, and the snorkelling trips amazing, and made even better by the guy who took us there, pointing out all the amazing things under and out of the sea. Yes there were lots of families there, but I do not agree with Captain Tar's rather snooty comments, the half term holiday makers were not a problem, infact I find his comments offensive. My only gripe apart from the slowish service, was that it is very annoying when people stake out their sun beds early morning then don't return to them for ages after.....why do this, pathetic?! Would I go again, yes I would love to take my family there again, I haven't felt this relaxed after a holiday for a long long time!

5  Thank Llondbol
Reviewed November 8, 2012

What a wonderful location. We were pleasantly surprised with our room which felt like our own little studio apartment with a roof terrace. Spacious, clean and bright with a fab view.
The beach wasn't crowded (week after half-term) and we loved it. An upgrade in deck chairs would be nice but they were fine.
We ate in the Jammers bar on the first evening and although yummy, we found it expensive compared to restaurants outside the resort. The grocery store is also overpriced. We decided to get a taxi into Rodney Bay the next day and eat there.
A taxi costs $35 ec. Which is reasonable considering how much you save on meals etc.

The waitress we had was friendly. The nurses were great (badly bitten before arrival at wj). Reception staff need a lot of training. They were very nice on the surface but the minute you query something we could tell they were annoyed. One gentleman who may have been the duty manager was the best, his manners and attitude needs to trickle down to the rest of staff.
That said we will be returning next year.

Also the shuttle bus service was great.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank sticky2308
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our family of four (2 adults and 2 children 11 & 3) stayed here for two weeks on an all inclusive basis. The location, with its pretty cluster of villas clung to the steep hillside has breathtaking views. We stayed in a 2 bed villa within reasonable walking distance of the hotel (easy 5 min going down - 10min steep walk up) - highly recommended otherwise you have to wait for the shuttle bus service to take you back and forth - a pain if you've left something in the room! We had no real complaints about the food quality in any of its four restaurants, the Upper Deck being overall best for quality. Breakfasts were plentiful and good choice of hot and cold dishes, service in some restaurants was slow, more so in the bar, but we've found this is not untypical in the Caribbean - it's not up to Mauritius standards. There were certain individuals who gave excellent warm friendly service and some who needed to learn how to smile. Children's club was very popular with both our children, as it was the UK half term it was packed but that meant lots of new friendships, the staff there were very attentive and popular. The water sports was plentiful, good pools, and if you stayed around the beach area, all amenities were easy to reach. The beach was safe for children with gentle slopes and daily cleaned sand, and with clearly visible security staff we felt safe in allowing our children to wander without fear. There were a few grumbles - yes the rooms were in need of some refurbishments unless you stayed at the Hibiscus rooms which are modern and right by the beach. The system for payment for each meal / drink was cumbersome - they should have a more efficient process for all inclusive packages. On the plus side the resort has a mix of owners and time shares so this meant we met people who were regulars, friendly, and a good source of local knowledge. Would we return? Yes, a refurb is needed but the kids had a ball.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 44 - a good location for a) views and b) walking access to the main facilities and beach so long as you can climb a steep hill to get home.
4  Thank Grovewood4
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family stayed at this resort on an all inclusive basis in October. It is well designed complex with white mediterranean style villas nestled into the hillside. Our accommodation was good but perhaps a little tired for a 4* resort, the whole place could do with some money being spent on it - for example the toilets near the pool were in serious need of an upgrade and several of the patios had significant cracks running through them.

As mentioned in other reviews the location was stunning, if perhaps a litle remote and we had a great holiday.

However, what really let our experience down as the attitude of the majority (but not all) of the staff and the level of service - having to wait at the bar for 10 minutes before being acknowleded when there were only a handful of people waiting, surly greeting of waitresses and waiter in restaurants and so on. A number of fellow guest did complain and service did pick up a little towards the end of our stay but not to the level we would expect for a 4* resort.

At the beginning of our stay we did consider buying into a time share (pleasingly we didn't get a hard sell) but at the end of the wekk we decided that the negative points outweighed the positives.

Would we go back? Possibly, but not for a while and dependant upon the latest reviews.

3  Thank kate789York
Reviewed November 2, 2012

From a child's point of view it was great but if I was in charge then I would upgrade it a lot.the food service was so slow and when you got it some of the food was off putting.for example.At upper deck me and my family waited for... 30 minutes and my steak was nearly mooing it was so raw.I asked for medium rare and got rare.dissapointing.my mums chicken was very dry and my dads fish was so dry it was nearly chicken.papa-dons was the best restaurant of the 3 on Sunday though the carvary was lovely. The views of the sea were outstanding overall it was great,thanks windjammer.hope this review is good for some people

Room Tip: Eat out.get a villa with a pool
2  Thank Goatch