I LOVED this place! Yes, the staff may be a little scatter brained at check-in....but if you can get past that the hotel grounds and adventures make up for it! Let me break it down for ya!
Check-in sucked...thank God I had my confirmation because I don't think they were prepared for us. Suggestion: Call ahead of time and confirm before you leave your home country! lol, that was a little scary. Note: I still rated it 5 stars because the crappy check-in didn't taint the trip for us.
The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, I mean GORGEOUS! They have pools all over, restaurants, activities, live music, on-site nurse, market, shuttle service, etc, etc, etc.
The activities booked through the hotel were fab! They would come pick you up and weren't crammed full of people. We did the kayaking trip and it was just my husband and myself with our own personal guide! I would recommend the kayaking, land/sea tour, Piton day Hike, and dinner sunset cruise! They ALL ROCKED! It is easy to get sucked right into the Windjammer and not want to leave, but GO SEE the rest of the island no matter how tired you are! It's worth every penny!
Make sure you never take a taxi unless the license plate starts with TX first. There are a lot of scams there, but we didn't run into any problems.
The staff at the hotel are GREAT! They will help you and recommend tons of stuff to do! I really wouldn't bother eating at the hotel a lot or doing the ALL-INCLUSIVE. We almost did the All-Inclusive and I am super glad we didn't, it forced us to go explore more...plus there are better restaurants in Rodney Bay! Go to Fire Grill and Big Chef, both AWESOME!! The hotel restaurants are good to eat at, but its nothing super special!
The rooms have a kitchen, so we would go down the on-site market every few days and buy farm fresh eggs and fresh bread to make breakfast for ourselves, it saved some money which was nice so we could spend it on other fun things!
I would go back in a heart-beat! If you thinking about this place, just book it now! Its GREAT and you wont regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries