My wife and I stayed at the Windjammer Landing resort for our honeymoon in July of 2005. We have since recommended it to many of our newly engaged friends, when looking for a place to honeymoon.
The great thing about Windjammer is that you get to have your cake and eat it too.. literally.
First, it is an all-inclusive resort, you dont have to worry about carrying cash on you for every meal or drink. If your spouse is anything like mine, this makes dining out much easier and stress-free, getting whatever you would like for dinner. There are also several great restaurants at the resort to choose from, including fine dining; seafood grill; casual grill; italian/pizza; and a beach grill. Our favorite part of the all-inclusive was sitting on the beach during the day, and ordering from the beach bar, sticking a flag in the sand, and having food delivered directly to your beach chair.
Second, it is affordable for what you get. My wife and I stayed in a 1 bedroom villa, with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, full porch and a pool for a week, with the all-inclusive plan and private transportation to and from the airport for less than $5000. Try finding another 5 star hotel in the caribbean that can boast that.
Third, the staff is absolutely amazing and the island is beautiful. We only had one problem with some cold/warm water issues, and the staff graciously offered to switch us to another villa. The weather in St. Lucia is amazing too, as most days there is a cool 20 minute rain shower that cools the weather, and then goes back to being sunny and beautiful.
Overall, our stay was amazing and was the perfect end to a hectic wedding. We felt so relaxed in our villa knowing that everything was taken care of for the week and that the beach was waiting for us below, if we wanted to go down. Below I have included a few of my "top 5s"
Top 5 favorites of the resort:
1. All inclusive aspect
2. Having our own villa with a pool
3. Great restaurants to eat at
4. Friendly staff / great spa and massages
5. Beautiful beach / free water sports
5 Things to 'improve':
1. Bathroom is nothing to write home about
2. Had a small cold/warm water problem
3. Bugs, bugs, bugs (nothing to do with the resort, st. lucia is very tropical)
4. Airport is a little far away - I would recommend getting private transportation instead of riding the provided van
5. Nothing else to complain about!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries