We have just returned from a two week holiday at Halcyon Beach. The resort is ultra all inclusive and lives up to its reputation.
There are three sandals resorts in St lucia and the Halcyon is the smallest and lies midway between the other two just a ten minute shuttle bus ride from each and shuttles run hourly through the day and evenings.
Halcyon is quieter than the other resorts and has a slightly older clientele. The site is flat and accommodation is either ground or first floor level. The Paradise rooms have all been modernised within the last two years and are spacious, lovely and comfortable, many of the Ocean view and other rooms are being or have been revamped and this process will be complete by the end of the year. The work is in progress but hardly noticeable and causing minimal disturbance as each room is being updated on an individual basis.
At the Halcyon there are three restaurants plus a beach grill. Both Mario's and the Pier restaurants rate as highly as any in either of the other larger Sandals resorts the Regency or the Grande though everyone is welcome at each of the other Hotels to eat or share all of their facilities.
The larger resorts are perhaps more active and noisier than Halcyon and we have had great times sharing the fun and attractions of each.
The Dive Centre is wonderful and at Castries Harbour with purpose built boats, good equipment and a superb dive team. Diving is all inclusive for certified divers and there is a short resort dive course available, at a small charge, for non qualified divers which when successfully completed enables them to continue diving on an all inclusive basis.
There is also an active water sports centre at the Resort with water skiing behind a Mastercraft, ringos and Hobie sailing again all inclusive. Tennis at the halcyon and golf at the Regency plus a playmaker beach sports and recreational team.
Last week visibility underwater was really good, the water was warm and we had some great easy diving. We were really well looked after with brilliant dive guides and we even had a bonus of seeing Humpback whales whilst travelling to the morning dive sites.
Trips around and activities on the Island such as ziplining can be arranged from the Resort
The staff are so welcoming and helpful. Each and every member of staff will give you eye contact and a friendly smile. Should you have a problem and make a member of staff aware of it then each will do their utmost to rectify it for you. The motto is, 'If we don't know about it we can't do anything about it. Please inform us'.
Castries Harbour has its fair share of huge cruise liners visiting the Island and staying a few hours before sailing off again. We have looked at them and pondered the option but only for a few seconds. We have decided we would rather be at the Halcyon it is superb and we look forward to a return visit. Grateful thanks to all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries