Myself and my wife have just retruned from our honeymoon at the sandals halcyon and thoroughly enjoyed it.
We were initially put off by the negative reviews found on trip advisor but having seen for ourselves can honestly say that they are far from true.
There is no problem with the rooms / bathrooms / food / gardens / beach / sea / services / staff / beach vendors / locals.
We stayed for ten days and our only complaint was that the stay was too short and we were too lazy to go to the annual jazz festival (which in hindsight is pretty damn lazy!).
One word of warning is that our outward flight was delayed by 3+ hours and was via Trinidad rather than direct to St Lucia, this meant that we lost half a day and a night of our stay, which at the prices they charge was rather painful...However, these things are out of anyones control, we were given a free bottle of champagne on the flight to ease the pain although they didnt offer us this until approximately 6-7 hours into the flight!
The staff and the intimate atmosphere were what really helped to make this stay so special and we would both thoroughly recommend staying here if you are considering St Lucia. We did visit the other two resorts (regency and Grande) but found them impersonal, overcorwded and bordering tacky.
Special request to Rita, Agnes, Pamela, Kenneth, Roland, T, Santi, Daniel, Michael and of course Gregory who all made this stay one to remember.
You can do as much or as little as you want here, if you want to be left alone here you will be - simple.
If the world wasnt so big we would be returning to St Lucia next year!
Thoroughly recommend the scuba as well as taking some time out to interact with the local people as they are what makes the place so special.
Mr and Mrs G. 2006.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Unique Vacations Inc, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries