Can I just start by saying that the person who posted a negative review without staying at the hotel, in my opinion, is not actually in a position to comment constructively with a fleeting visit.
My husband and I went to this Sandals resort purely for the diving and we were not disappointed in any way. The staff were very professional, the equipment was very good, the dive boats were excellent and the dive sites themselves were fantastic. We were a little dubious as this was in the price of the holiday and we could have 2 dives in a day - we thought the facilities would not be very good but we absolutely loved it.....the 8 am start each morning was no fun but we had a magnificent time and a big thank you to them all!!!
The hotel itself was fantastic and am very surprised by the negative comments....all the staff were friendly and very helpful....Francis the restaurant manager was lovely and a complete gentleman. The food was fantastic and especially the Pier Restaurant and Italian Restaurant. We never took the opportunity to visit the other Sandals resort as we were so busy with the diving and were quite happy to stay within our resort which was very peaceful and friendly.
Our room was in the refurbished area of the hotel grounds and was very nice. It overlooked the pool area, very quiet and set in beautiful gardens. The bed was a four poster bed and was huge. Had a fridge in the room which was filled up daily...top tip...the older rooms do not have a fridge and I would say that this is a must. Air conditioning was lovely and quiet and a definite must!!....mosquitos love to munch at night ha ha
We had a fantastic holiday and can't wait to go back again one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries