Was at the Halcyon for 10 days in January. It was OK, grounds very nice and well kept, staff very good, food OK for an all-inclusive (never as good as proper a la carte). Rooms nice, ours (in the 500 block ) nice and quiet. It cost less than the other resorts so you can forgive the occasional shortcoming so I was satisfied.
The biggest negative for me was that the beach was unusable for our entire visit due to rough seas, debris on beach etc. They try to keep it clean but the currents just keep depositing more and more driftwood etc. It's kind of strange because the west coasts of Barbados and Antigua are always calm but this west coast location is rough, at least while we were there. I thought Sandals 'delivered ' on the holiday but their brochure shot of this beach is a terrible misrepresentation which lets them down.
Other resorts ? I liked the Regency. Interesting layout on different levels. Again, rough seas at the beach but a nice view of ships entering the harbour. The Grande - my personal view is that it is absolutely horible. Just like a 1960's holiday camp with a bright blue roof that has ruined what was a nice stretch of beach. However, you will like it if you want to be presurised into daft games and listen loud music. The best beach of the three but very narrow and you are unlikely to get a space unless you stay there and get your towels on the lougers early.
My holiday was OK but not memorable. If you get a good deal and take full advantage of things such as scuba diving or snorkelling (which are 2-3 hour trips that you might pay a lot of money for at other resorts) you will be happy enough with the Halcyon but don't pay top dollar and don't go expecting to lounge around on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries