Forgive me for this being so long, but there is so much to say.
Before I booked my Sandals Halcyon vacation, I did a lot of research on Trip Advisor and it sounded like the perfect place for my husband and I to spend our Honeymoon, and it was!
Upon arriving at Sandals Halcyon, we were treated like family and that set the mood for the entire trip. After dropping the bags off at the room we headed straight to the bar that sits right next to the beach. Our first encounter was with Aaron (bartender) and he was so welcoming and informative. We bonded with him right away and looked forward to seeing him everyday. In fact, he was actually off on our last day of vacation, but he knew where we would be (attached to the bar stools at the swim up pool bar) and he swung by while walking along the beach to say goodbye. That meant a lot to us.
You will find that there are several locals that hang around on the beach trying to make a living off of the tourists, but they are not obtrusive at all and are very friendly. Especially Daniel, his "office" is right next to the swim up pool bar on the other side of the fence where he displays beautiful carvings, shells, jewelry, etc... He was wonderful. He made us several different pieces of jewelry to order and the prices were extremely reasonable. We even told him that we collect garden frogs and he sat there and carved one for us, and it turned out beautifully!
I need to go back to the "family atmosphere" that I first mentioned. By the second day of our trip, most of the staff knew us by name and what our drink preferences were. You most likely will not find this at a larger resort. It made us feel very special and we did not want to leave. In fact, we extended out stay by one extra day. The hotel was very accommodating and assisted us with contacting the airport and such in order to make things easier on us.
Yes, the Halcyon is smaller than the other 2 Sandals on the island, but in my opinion, the best. It is very intimate and welcoming. It was so easy to get to know everyone and to get around the resort. We made fast friends with other couples staying at the resort and plan to vacation with them again in the future.
The resort offers free watersports and that was amazing! They take you out in the ocean for snorkeling, scuba diving, etc...and it is definitely worth it. We only did the snorkeling, but our friends did the scuba almost everyday and we all loved it.
We only did 2 excursions outside of the hotel and they were both awesome. We did the zip line through the jungle and the Souffriere Adventure. Doing just these 2 activities we were able to see most of the island and learned a lot about the culture. These trips can all be arranged through the concierge at the hotel. His name is George and he is great.
I have to give props to Vanessa. She was one of the bartenders at the resort and she makes the BEST pina coladas. Ask her to make you a nutty colada too (if you are not allergic to nuts). She was so gracious, kind and accommodating. We truly looked forward to seeing her everyday.
There are many staff members that deserve recognition and I hope that I don't leave anyone out. The entire staff was wonderful, but the following stick out in my mind the most (and I had the most contact with):
Bar: Aaron, Vanessa, Tamara, Valencia, Vidal, Jimmy
Front Desk: Ruth & Lloni
Photoshop: Jameson (did a wonderful job on our sunset photoshoot) & Kervin (very helpful & kind)
Restaruant: Robert (NYG fan, just like my husband) and there were many others, however, I cannot remember their names.
Playmakers: Eselyn, Kim, Julian
The Body Shop: Leah did a great job cutting my hair
Two men, Otis and Francis, stick out in my mind, but I cannot rememer where they worked.
These are just the ones that we had daily contact with, but I do want it known that EVERYONE was wonderful.
The food was great at all restaurants, but Mario's was our favorite.
On Monday nights, thes resort offers entertainment and a Caribbean BBQ at Bayside Restaurant. I highly recommend attending this show and the food was so yummy - huge lobsters on the grill was my favorite.
Overall, our entire stay was amazing and I do not have any complaints.
Thank you Sandals Halcyon for making our Honeymoon so enjoyable and memorable!
Jaime & Rafael
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries