My girlfriend and I travelled to St Lucia on the 4th September 2005 for 10 nights. Having read the reviews about this hotel beforehand, I was quite worried, and I must say that initially when we arrived (bearing in mind we were very tired) we were not impressed, however as the holiday progressed we really fell in love with the resort, the people and the island.With the 'stay at one play at three' motto, people seem to spend all their time at the other resorts (making the halcyon that much quieter!!), we ate once at the regency (la toc restaurant) but found the atmosphere somewhat snobby and jumped up. Not at the Halcyon however, all the restaurants were fab, particularly Marios. The staff were truly wonderful, every single one of them. the room (139) was comfortable with a true caribbean feel to it. I would like to though make a particular mention to a couple of people who we really miss from our holiday, and they are 2 beach vendors...Chris and Ayman. You will find them meandering along the beach Monday to friday and they will sell you everything from Beads to Scultptures. They were NOT a menace, contrary to some previous reports, but totally charming and just trying to earn a living.
I can definately recommend the day trip to Martinique.
We have also stayed at sandals royal bahamian (nassau) which is much grander and bigger, but the halcyon is perfect if you want a quiet relaxing sanctuary in which to spend your holiday time. After all the motto there is 'no pressure no problem'
We will definately be back, as and when my finances allow it.
If you are already booked for the Halcyon, I hope you have as memorable a time as we did. If you are thinking about booking it, do it!!!! You will love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries