My husband and I just got back from the halcyon . We stayed from 8-13 to 8-20-05. We loved it. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary. Are main intent on this vacation was to be romantic and enjoy each other's undivided attention. We did'nt do very many activities, that was'nt what we were looking for. We spent a lot of time in the slower paced pool drinking drinks that Rowland made for us "ask for lead in your pencil". Rowland was awesome. All but 2 staff members were very sweet. We were never inclined to go to the other sandals resorts because halcyon fit us just right. We were in the honeymood room(concierge). The food was pretty good but not anything real outstanding but.... we were'nt there for the food. We did go deep sea fishing(resort activity for llO.OO per person. My husband was the only one who caught a fish and next time would probably go on
a charter with less people so there was more time to be in the "chair" There was 9 people on this one so you only got to fish for 10 min. every 90 minutes. We are not travelers so we don't have much to compare to but for us I was so glad we stayed at the more mellow place. Something about this place was perfect for us. We swam in the pool one night while a saxaphone player played and that was very romantic. My husband suprised me and we ate at the gazebo. We spent a lot of time in our room!!! There is love in the air!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries