Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort
Harmony Suites(Castries)(Great Value!)
$85
$80
$335
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
$59
$53
Villa Beach Cottages(Castries)
$275
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)(Great Value!)
$224
$180
bedfinder
No availability for your dates from our partners
Sandals Regency La Toc(Castries)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
4,058 results
All reviewsparadise poolquiet poolkelly's docksideour honeymoonst luciala tocbeach vendorsroad noisebeach grilllaid backjoe knowsclub roomwater sportsconcierge roomitalian restaurantmain poolshuttle bus
Reviewed July 28, 2009

the halcyon is a great quiet spot in between the two big resorts. the island is beautiful, the staff are friendly (Big Wayne!) and the food at the nice resturaunts is delicious. i just spent a week there on my honeymoon and didn't want to leave. watch out for the rainy season (mostly summer) but the carnival in july is most definitly a sight to see (imagine a parade of people dancing through the streets that lasts hours). i enjoyed the halcyon because it was quiet and you really got to know the staff and other couples. would love to go back someday.

Reviewed July 25, 2009

Both the island and the resort were beautiful. I have never seen so many flowers in my life. It smelled amazing! The resort had two good sized pools, one with a quiet atmosphere to relax in, the other a hub for daily activities and games. There is also a great water sports area where we learned to sail a hobie cat and went kayaking. Parts I didn't like: I was not impressed by the food. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't memorable either. Some of the bartenders were kind of sullen and just short of rude. The worst part, the part that will keep us from going back, was the beach venders. The resort allowed them to come right up to the deck and yell and bother people every time you walked by. Almost no one went to the beach because they stalked it constantly. You can avoid them but it's not easy and it puts a damper on things to be sure.

1  Thank LiesureTravel
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Sandals Halcyon between July 12-19 for our honeymoon. The resort really was great. We can't say enough about it and the staff. Everything was wonderful. I will start off this review saying we had a terrible time with Delta losing our luggage both getting to the resort and leaving so my word of advice is to pack what you need for the first day and carry it on the plane with you.
We loved staying there b/c it was smaller and there didn't seem to be as crowded. There were several times we were on the only couple on the beach. If there were other couples, there were never more than 5 at a time. We always enjoyed peace and quiet. The locals do ask if you want to buy their items but are always polite if you decline. The pools were great and the pool in the back was always a great place to relax and soak up some sun. they also had a cart serving ice cream out there and that made for a great snack. The grounds were well maintained and my wife loved taking pics of all the flowers around. We were in room 415, not one of the newly renovated rooms but it was literally 75-100 feet from the beach. The newer rooms are farther away. We had no problems with our room. The housekeeper took very good care of our room and made it feel new everyday. It really was the best resort for us b/c we wanted a quiet relaxing vacation and the Halcyon provided that.
The food at the resort was great. We loved the Pier and Bayside. The beach grill was always delicious as well. Most nights we went to the other resorts to eat dinner and loved Kimono's, Japanese hibachi at the Regency, and Barefoot by the Sea, seafood at the Grande.
Shuttles run every hour to the other 2 resorts and really does only take 15 minutes to get to either one. The Halcyon is in the middle of the other 2 so it's 15 minutes either way. The trip from the airport is about an hour and twenty minutes. The roads are windy and go up and down the mountains so if you get car sick just bring some Dramamine.
We did 2 excursions. One was the zip line called Canopy Tree Adventure. It was great. 11 zip lines that allow you to glide through and above the rainforest. The other one was the Soufriere Sea Cruise. It allowed us to see the volcano, go through the Botanical Gardens, which my wife again loved taking pics of, seeing the waterfall, and then snorkeling for 45 minutes. They also served lunch on that tour. It was well worth it. One word of caution, if you get sea sick take some Dramamine before getting on the boat in case the sea is choppy. We booked these excursions after we arrived and it was very easy.
The staff were very attentive to every need we had and seemed to really enjoy their job. They always answered our questions and were able to make every request happen. We really do appreciate them.

2  Thank TAC01
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This was my fourth vacation to an all-inclusive, the first to a Sandals. The resort was very well kept with beautiful gardens. Nice, quiet atmosphere. The food was average; nothing special, but edible. I would definitely recommend the helicopter transfer.

There were a few things about Sandals Halcyon that I found disappointing. First, we paid extra for the Honeymoon Beachfront Concierge room. The room itself was nice – the mini bar was a plus. However, the sinks didn’t drain and the hot water was hit or miss on any given day. I would be willing to overlook these plumbing issues, because what disappointed me the most was the fact that our beach front “view” included locals standing by the fence staring back at us. Now, these guys were friendly and would talk to everyone who walked by, mostly trying to get them to buy things. I don’t think they bothered anyone else at the resort because they weren’t stationed directly outside their rooms. So, if you are looking at the brochure imagining yourself sitting on the patio of your beachfront room looking at a peaceful view of the sea, just know that you will have one to three Rastafarian-looking dudes looking back at you at all times (yes, all day). I have included a picture with this review. We did complain to the management but were told the beaches are public and they couldn’t do anything. Second, I don’t believe the concierge service we received was any different than the service provided to other guests. We didn’t have our own “personal” concierge; we had to go to the concierge desk like everyone else. Again, I could live with this, but it was one of the supposed perks for which we paid extra. And finally, we found that a lot of the wait staff at the Bayside Restaurant seemed disgruntle and weren’t always cordial or attentive. Once again, I don’t expect to be treated like a queen, but I don’t think is too much to ask to get a glass of water and an occasional refill.

Bottom line, I have had much better experiences at other all-inclusives. Better food, friendlier staffs and private beaches. Check them all out before you choose. I am going back to Jamaica, mon!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank TortieGirl
Reviewed July 21, 2009

This is the best resort I've ever been to. Everyone who works there is there to make sure you have the best time possible. Little details are given such care!
The location is perfect because the beach is so clean and nice. In addition, Sandals' "Stay at One, Play at Three" policy gives you the opportunity to go to the other two Sandals Resorts on St. Lucia - Regency and Grande. Both of the other resorts are much larger and louder. The benefit of staying at the smaller of the three resorts is that you can go to the other resorts for fun and activity, but then come back "home" for quiet and relaxation. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of fun activities at Halcyon, but there is even more going on at the others. Plus, you can go to the other restaurants too. You really won't find a better vacation destination than this!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple