Loved St Lucia and would go back. Here is what I would have found helpful in planning for my stay at Sandals St Lucia:
15 mins between each location
Grande is the furthest North, the Regency is furthest South and the Halycon is in between the two.
2 airports in St Lucia - UVF and SLU
SLU is right by the Regency, 15 mins from Halycon and 30 mins from Grande.
UVF is an hour from the Regency, 75mins from Halycon and 90 mins from Grande
UVF - disembark on tarmac go straight into immigration (4 lines) - 100sqft building - then immediately after is customs (3 lines). Door to right takes you outside to taxis. Sandals has a desk about 30 ft to the far right (Sandals logo) where you give them your name and they load you onto taxis (included).
Taxis are air conditioned.
ALMOST EVERYONE HAS A BIT OF CULTURE SHOCK HERE as they drive on the LEFT hand side and very fast. Still felt safe with the competence of the driver - they know what they are doing, they live here. Ride is very beautiful - first tour of island! Road is windy (as in not straight) in places and one section was a bit pot holey, but majority was smooth.
Sandals has their own buses that transport you between resorts. They run every 2 hours in the morning and then every hour from 5 until 11pm. They are always prompt.
SCHEDULE IS POSTED AT EACH ENTRANCE - recommend you plan your resort/restaurant visits around the times (ie if you wanted to go to the Grande beach in the morning and were staying at the Halycon if you didn't catch the 9:15am you would have to wait until 11:15am).
Resort Size, Atmosphere, Beach, Food, Drink, Staff
Grande - mid size, can walk end to end in 20 minutes
Halycon - cosy, can walk end to end in 10 minutes
Regency - large, pool/rooms in the bluffs require using a shuttle. End to end 45mins to an hour.
Grande - upbeat, disco music in main pool, "chill out and party"
Halycon - laid back, R&B music in main pool, "chill out and hang"
Regency - upbeat, loud intense disco music in main pool "get up and dance"
ALL BEACHES ARE RIGHT NEXT TO THE RESORTS WITHIN 20 FT OF THE MAIN POOL
Grande - clear water, can see fish swimming, white sand, covered pier
Halycon - fairly clear water, sand colored sand
Regency - fairly clear water, sand colored sand
Here's what we tried
Josephines open 12-7pm. Crepes - excellent for a sweet snack or a meal
Old London Pub open 6.30pm - OK, good service
Barefoot by the Sea open 6.30pm- excellent, romantic (eat by the sea)
The Pier open 6.30pm, have to have a reservation, - OK, caribean food. Wouldn't stress if you can't get a reservation - open seating on Sat and Sun.
Marios open 6.30pm - excellent - consistently liked by many, nice Italian and good wine. Closed Mondays.
Bayside - breakfast, lunch good, dinner OK
Beach Grill - open when the restaurants aren't until 3am. Good selection. Great Hot Dogs.
Kimonos - open 6.00pm, have to have a reservation - excellent - as good as the Japanese restaurants in the US. Even better with a good group of people.
Pavillion - OK
Non Beer - Pretty much everthing you can think of. Ask for what you want ie Absolut vodka.
Beer drinkers beware - only 2 served, the local "Piton" a lager and Heineken, another lager.
Grande - friendly when spoken to
Halycon - say hi everytime you walk by
Regency - helpful, not as "cheerful"
These can be booked at the tour desk in the hotel or on-line with other tour vendors before leaving (---)
We only did 2
Land and Sea - excellent way to see the rest of the island (saw first half on drive in from airport) and also see the beauty of the foilage from the sea on the catamaran back.
Deep Sea Fishing - good, didn't catch anything, but saw Dolphins.
Sandals arranges your taxi back and notifies you of leaving time.
THERE IS A $21 AIRPORT FEE YOU HAVE TO PAY WHEN CHECKING IN AT THE AIRPORT.
There are a few shops in the departure lounge - enough to get your last minute gifts. Not a lot of food, so eat before you leave.
I think that's about it! Bottom line, you'll have a blast if you make the most of using all 3 resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries