We had a great vacation even though we had a few issues. If communication was better it all would have been resolved quickly. It is a beautiful small resort. Yes the rooms aren't new and modern as some of the other resorts that we have stayed but the grounds are beautiful and you will meet a few employees that you will feel like they are part of your family. Eating at the Dockside 9 out of 14 nights because the food was wonderful and thank you Lenny for having my Chocolate Martini ready when we walked through the door. We will always remember your wonderful personality and smile. I have not had as good a drink since then. We enjoyed the activities around the pool. We visited the other two resorts but the Halcyon was our favorite. The Grand has the best beach. Anoninger at the pool bar. We miss your smile and warmth. You were awesome. Agnes at the quiet pool is sweet and you need to get to know her. My main complaint was the attitude of the concierge who checked us in. While on our way to our room my husband and I were told that as returning guest there was a special dinner for us to attend. I asked if the couple that we brought with us could come with us I got a quick no. Just a explanation was all that was needed. Everyone else in the concierge lounge was very friendly. We were told that calling cards would not work there only to find out after my husband called his doctor on his cell phone that you could purchase them in the gift shop. We also learned part way through our 2 weeks that we were suppose to have one free week of internet. As we were going to pay for it they told us. Just little miss communications took some of the joy out of our stay. We will be trying another Sandals this October. The food is so good you can't beat it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries