We stayed at Sandals Halcyon Beach in Castries, St. Lucia February 16-23. It was awesome.The resort was very quaint, much to our liking. We stayed in room 610, second floor near the Paradise Pool, room was clean, balcony, air conditioned, tv, well stocked mini bar(beer,pop,water,juice,wine
Champagne,scotch,vodka and of course Appleton rum), wifi all included.
The trip from the Hewanora airport to the resort was very interesting, about an hour and twenty minutes to go 50k, if you are prone to getting car sick consider the helicopter trip or gravol!
All of the staff were very friendly, and very helpful. If you needed anything all you had to do was ask! There were always loungers available at the pools at Halcyon,the one day we went to La Toc we had to wait for loungers as they were either taken or reserved(until it rained and then half the people scattered) then we were able to obtain some loungers.Swim up bar at both pools at Halcyon, good drinks, friendly staff. The restaurants were all good, we usually had breakfast at the Bayside (omelettes,fruit,cereal,toast cheese almost anything you could want), Kelly's Dockside, Mario's and Kimonos(reservations required) we went for supper, and if you needed a snack in between there was the Beach Bistro. We also spent one day at Sandals Grande, it has the nice beach but very busy.
We took one tour while we were there Soufriere Speedboat Experience( Joe Knows) shuttle to the port and then speedboat to the area of the Pitons for mud bath (the girls did not think the mud bath was the spa experience they were expecting) but Big Al and his crew were very entertaining.
Michael from the entertainment staff kept us busy for an hour or two every day in the gym or in the pool doing activities to keep us fit. Thanks Michael! The gym is open 24-7.
The weather was 25-28C and it rained every day but Friday (it would pour for about 10 minutes and in half an hour you would never know it had just rained).
We will definitely go back to Sandals Halcyon, the resort was nice,rooms were clean,food and drinks were good and the staff was great, we always feel very comfortable at Sandals!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries