We stayed here for two nights after having spent 4 nights at Sandals La Toc. This resort is very quiet, calm and peaceful. You could also call it quaint. It's not very big. In some places you can hear the traffic on the main road. There are two pools. The main pool is relatively quiet. The music played wasn't overly loud and was pleasant to hear.
Upon arrival we were welcomed and a staff member not only showed us to our room, she gave us a "tour" of it, explaining where things were and so on. We found this very helpful.
Our room was in a quiet location a short ways from covered chaise lounges outside on the lawn. It is an older building, with a faint musty smell when the fan or air conditioning isn't on. This didn't bother us, but we did notice it. It was very clean and quite spacious. The bathroom was also roomy. It didn't offer many places for hanging wet bathing suits and towels. Fortunatley there was a bar outside that could be used for this purpose too. We liked having a table and chairs outside the room, like a front porch.
The beach is fine for swimming, but perhaps due to its location, is full of silt, so not as appealing as the clear water the Caribbean is known for. There is seaweed, etc in the water that you feel when walking out to swim. Once in the water, the swimming is fine.
Due to the mountains nearby, the weather can be changeable, affecting the winds if you go sailing. Some may enjoy this challenge. There's an island you can kayak to.
The fitness centre was okay. It's quite dark inside, and one of the two bikes was "out of order". There are weights, machines, fitness balls and so on. There's plenty of room to stretch, with mats. In the morning there was a tray of apples; a nice touch.
With the Bayside the only option for breakfast and lunch, it was nice to have three other restaurants for dinner. We really loved the food at Mario's, the Italian restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries