My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Halcyon in February. We
went for 10 nights, 11 days, and I would highly recommend that as a
perfect lenghth of time to spend. There is so much to see and do that I
don't think a week is sufficient time. As soon as we arrived we made
reservations for horse-back riding and the Sunset Cruise. The cruise
was on a Friday night and it was a blast. There are photographers from
the hotel on board and they will take the most beautiful pictures at
sunset. We also booked the Honeymoon photography package and it was the
best decision we made. We now have beautiful pictures of us on the
island that our families and friends have really enjoyed viewing. They
r so vivid, every time we see them, we feel we r back there! The
horse-back riding was great, they did leave us off at a small port,
however, where the locals really push their beaded necklaces and
The food was comparable to none, and we spent many breakfasts and dinners at the Bayside. We never had a problem finding chairs or seats by the pool or on the beach. The staff was very friendly- Estelle is the best- she remembers everyones names- however, they r overworked, and have to work long shifts. Noone would accept any tips, the brochure is true to it's word. Although I do suggest tipping the drivers. The trips to and from the airport and between hotels was different to say the least. If you get carsick- beware! Everyone drives crazy there. We enjoyed eating at several of the restaurants at the Regency. Armandos and Latoc, and Marios at the Halcyon were excellent.
The only complaint we had was the night time entertainment at the Halcyon. They play music all night which noone dances to except the staff! I would highly suggest going over to the Regency for better night time entertainment. They provide transportation, but be warned, the last shuttle will leave at 11PM just as things r getting good. My husband and I found ourselves taking cabs back to the Halcyon later at night. This was no big deal and it's fun to go to the other resorts as well. The Regency and the Grande are definately the larger of the resorts, but we really enjoyed the island feel of the Halcyon.
We went snorkeling several times and the guides were very professional and we had a wonderful time- bring your underwater camera! They r way to expensive in the gift shop.
The rooms were very clean and adorable. They r really basically the same, so I don't know if it's really worth it to pay for the upgrade.
Overall, I would suggest booking the adventures you plan to take, Sunset cruise, horse-back riding, etc., the day after u arrive. Also, go directly to the Concierge desk to make dinner reservations, they will also book your dinner reservations at the other resorts, this way u won't have to miss out on any of the dining opportunities. I would also suggest having some pictures taken, as they r really nice to have after u get home. Our honeymoon was everything we hoped it would be and we can't wait to get back to the Halcyon. We highly recommend it, and don't forget to try their terrific mudslides!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries