My husband and I stayed at Sandals Halcyon for 7 days/6 nights for our honeymoon in September 2012. Overall we had a terrific honeymoon and would recommend Sandals and St Lucia as a HM destination. We had done our due diligence in researching St Lucia/Halcyon Beach prior to booking so knew what to expect or perhaps more importantly what NOT to expect.
Halcyon is an older resort and it does show it's age. It doesn't have that grand, luxurious feel that comes to mind when you think of the Sandals name. However, it is a very nice resort - low key, quiet, and not overly busy. The grounds are well landscaped and the resort has a quaint tropical feel to it. We enjoyed the food and drinks there (ASK for top shelf or else you get rail liquor) especially the buffet lunches. I am not typically a fan of buffets but enjoyed the variety and ability to explore some St Lucian foods. We never once had to fight for a lounge chair or pool raft and were able to take advantage of all the water sports/equipment with no to little waiting. Our room was nice (ocean view room) and the bed was the most comfortable I'd ever slept in. The highlight of our entire trip was the Joe Knows speed boat tour we booked through Sandals- do not go to St Lucia with out doing this tour!
Halcyon is centrally located to the other two Sandals Resorts on St Lucia. Take advantage of the shuttle and explore the other resorts! I preferred Grande over La Toc personally. Barefoot by the Sea was my fave dining experience - a must do. Pigeon Island Nat'l Park is a quick 10 minute walk from the gates of Grande and is worth a visit. It is a decent hike up to the top of the hill but the amazing view is worth it. Also the little bar in the basement of the park building there is a fun stop for a Guinness after your hike. Make dinner reservations at the other resorts as soon as you get to Halcyon - the spots fill quickly.
If you like modern, high class luxary and a buzzing social scene go to Grande, but if you want laid back relaxation Halcyon is perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries