Chris from cardiff.
My wife and I came here hoping for a last dream luxury holiday before our soon to be first child. Sadly for a 5 star sandals resort it has proved to be disappointing.
Whilst only Mother Nature can be blamed it rained for 4 of our 7 days. The beach is ok but is not cleaned and covered in cigarette butts, broken glass and litter.
The food is ok but nothing out of the ordinaru at the bayside buffet and at Kelly's dockside and we ended up giving half our meals to the cats on the resort who were totally harmless and just looking to feed. however I would highly recommend Marios and kimonos.
We did book a private meal which like everything not included in the all inclusive was very costly but was a lovely experience.
We did two tours, we did the sea walk which was an interesting experience but as it had rained there was very little to see and the scuba people with us had the same experience. We also did the catamaran tour which was ok. The gardens are lovely but the volcano really is a disappointment ( think more a babbling brook with steam and rotten egg smell). The catamaran we had also had a broken toilet and so the smell was awful.
The staff are all lovely and friendly and could not be any more helpful.
Our room was very average though and we had a honeymoon deluxe. Tiny bath, shower with very little power and more fitting a 3 star resort.
Be warned alot of reserving at the beach goes on here with people putting towels on chairs and not returning for hours, pathetic but it does happen.
All in all st lucia is beautiful but i would not return and I think for the cost coming from the uk this is not value for money and I left disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries