Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort
$125
Hotels.com
Poinsettia Villa Apartments(Castries)(Great Value!)
$136
$116
Harmony Suites(Castries)(Great Value!)
$85
$80
Aanola Villas(Castries)
$54
  • Beachfront
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
$59
$53
Apartment Espoir(Castries)(Great Value!)
$82
$67
$59
$55
Hotels.com
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)(Great Value!)
$224
$180
bedfinder
$335
Villa Beach Cottages(Castries)
$275
4,058 results
All reviewsparadise poolquiet poolkelly's docksideour honeymoonst luciala tocbeach vendorsroad noisebeach grilllaid backjoe knowsclub roomwater sportsconcierge roomitalian restaurantmain poolshuttle bus
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was our first Sandals trip and it was wonderful! It is the smallest of the 3 resorts in St. Lucia and the oldest. If you are looking for a busy resort with constantly something going on and tons of folks everywhere I would say look at one of the other two on the island. This resort was great for some much needed alone relaxing time with my hubby. We spent a week and a half here and got married on the beach. It was picture perfect! Everyone goes out of there way to make your stay amazing. I will always remember this resort, and look forward to going back. We upgraded to the conceriege level, totally worth it!!! You get priority tickets, a private event planner, and perks in your room too. Don't be afraid of the crazy driving on the way to the resort, just sit back and enjoy the view. Take full advantage of stay and play where you can go to the other two resorts for the day or just for dinner. Fill your nights with the reservation dinner places, because the dinner in the buffet gets kinda old. Breakfast and lunch in the buffet had a lot of variety while still including a lot of native foods. If you aren't able to get a reservation at a restuarant just go in and see if they can seat you, typically within the half hour they can seat you, in the meantime you can walk around. The swim up bar is very nice and they are great about getting good drinks out. They do have some games/couple stuff throughout the day but for the most part we just enjoyed being together and relaxing!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the conceriege level rooms, it was so worth it to wake up every morning to the ocean breeze and the waves!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather E
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to this resort for a week at the end of Feb with 2 other couples. This resort is small and outdated. We are used to new modern resorts. We found Sandals LaToc and the Grande are the standard we are used to staying at. But, we were able to stay at the Halycon with Butler service for cheaper than a garden view room at the other two resorts. We knew we had full access of the other 2 resorts so opted to stay at the Halcyon. The food was excellent at all resorts and we thoroughly enjoyed and utilized the butler service. The staff was average at best overall but there are a few rockstars employees. Williard the butler, Kermani the photographer and Leesha the waitress still come to mind. After dinner I had left my purse and camera in the restaurant. Leesha came down to the entertainment area, found me, and returned my items. Also, I accidently left my wedding ring and another ring in my room after I got ready in the evening. It was much later (after turn down service) when I realized it. I went back to the room and found that the maid had put my rings right on the bar where I could see them. Thank God for honest St Lucian people. Joe knows is the best tour I've ever been on. Do not hike the Pitons unless you are a hard core rock climber! Literally couldn't walk the rest of the vaca. Got sick on the bus ride. The helicopter ride is well worth it. St Lucia, the island, is a great place to have vacationed.

Room Tip: Choose beachfront walkout rooms to the left of Kellys (if you're looking at the resort from the water).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank heavan-on-earth
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was a first Sandals for my wife and I. We are in our early 40s and young at heart :)
Sandals vacation has exceeded our expectation on all fronts. This was truly a dream relax vacation. Some people complained about the beach not having the white sand, well let me tell you the beach does not have the 'Cuban' white beach sand, we researched and knew this ahead of the booking and therefore it does not affect our rating. Everyone should research their vacation resort before booking to avoid surprises - off their own fault I might add. St. Lucia is a very beautiful place, in order to find its many beauties one must venture out 'Land and Sea' to see the many hidden gems this island has to offer. There are three Sandals resorts in St Lucia (Halcyon, Grande, La Toc). Halcyon (169 rooms) is the smallest and coziest of the three (a garden paradise). Grande (300 rooms) and La Toc (327 rooms) are larger resorts. While at Sandals we played/ate/drunk at any all three locations, the Sandals transportation between the resorts is free and was always on time.
Each night we dined at a different Sandals restaurant and the food was excellent.
The highlight of our vacation was Julian Boat Tour "Land and Sea" which has showed us many beauties of St Lucia - if you have a chance book with Julian Boat Tours you will not regret it.
The resort endorsed operators offer the same tours but from what I have seen, are less comfortable (too many people on the boat) and tours seem rushed. Julian tour was truly on island time in comfort. After this positive Sandals experience my wife and I are already eyeing our next Sandals vacation - Sandals Negril - Jamaica.

Sandals Halcyon Resort has been amazing - the smiling faces and good vibes are seen/felt everywhere. We have caught the Sandals Bug :)

Arek and Kasia - St. Catharines, Ontario - Canada

7  Thank Arek A
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was our first visit to Sandals. It was our 30th Anniversary and we hoped wee'd selected the right hotel. In fact, our expectations were exceeded on all fronts.

When we arrived at the resort a member of staff gave us some champange and then did all our booking in for us, it was very quick and extremely efficient and very welcome after our long journey.

Our room was far better than expected, great garden views and a view of the Caribbean through the trees. The gardens are absolutely beautiful, tented regularly and looking pristine.

Restaurants, spoilt for choice, over the two weeks we ate in several across the three Sandals resorts and were never disappointed, service and food on a par with any top restaurant.

Bars, to many to visit them all,but the ones we did gave top class service and drinks.
A special mention for Agnes, at the paradise pool bar, always a great welcome and service with the biggest smile i've ever seen in the Caribbean, thanks for making our visit so memorable.

All the staff at the Halcyon were very friendly and polite, a great team asset for Sandals.

All in all a fantastic holiday, we would recommend this resort and will definitely be returning ouselves in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We renewed our association with the Sandals group in March 2013, this time in St Lucia.

Sandals Halcyon is a small property and not the place if you want an all action holiday. If you want comfort, good service, good food in well landscaped gardens next to the beach then this is the place for you.

The main road passes very close to the property and from time to time traffic noise and emergency vehicle sirens are noticeable but not overly obtrusive.

We had a few niggles regarding our room service in the evenings but these were promptly dealt with by the management team. We find that a suitable comment to hotel management usually produces results and a satisfactory solution.If you don't ask you don't get!

The big advantage with Sandals St Lucia is that you have easy access to all three properties via a complementary shuttle service. If you want a change of scenery, beach, or restaurant, just hop on the next shuttle. Most impressive is the way that at peak times additional shuttle buses appear. No one gets left behind.

Food and drink is a major plus. Excellent quality and quantity. Just watch the waistline!

With only three restaurants timing can be a minor problem and you may have to wait a short time for a table. Staff will always find you in the bar or in the gardens as soon as your table is ready. Whilst we were there a Kimonos Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar were under construction and should be in service shortly.

A wide range of excursions are available, if somewhat expensive. We can strongly recommend the Super Snorkel trip run by the Dive Boat Team. The afternoon trip takes you down the coast to the area around the Pitons with time for shopping snorkeling and a return sunset cruise to the hotel. Very well organised and run.

Water sports are available and are generally under subscribed, no waiting at the Halcyon, not the case at the other hotels!

Sandals Halcyon have an unusually high proportion of returning guests. It is easy to see why.

Room Tip: Rooms in Blocks 7 and 8 are close to the main road and noise could be a problem for rooms on the upper floor.
2  Thank John_Carberry