My husband and I are not avid travelers, but through our daughter’s insistence, booked our 7-day 45th Wedding Anniversary trip to Sandals Halcyon. We had been to Turks & Caicos (Beaches), but not a Sandals Resort. We are not anti-children, but it was relaxing and quiet not to have children with or staying next to us. We visited all three St. Lucia Sandals and confirmed Halcyon is the best for us. It was small enough to easily walk a few steps to restaurants, pools, the beach, or a bar.
The entire staff was friendly. Everyone greeted or nodded. Many times when wandering, we were asked if we needed directions or assistance. Natalie was one of the constants during our visit. She treated us like family, and greeted us most mornings. The food was typical Sandals outstanding! We ate mostly fish meals and discovered the food does not have to taste fishy at Sandals. The Chef’s at both the Pier and Mario’s even came around the tables to see how we liked our meals.
We paid for concierge service, so there was a mini-refrigerator with soda, beer, water & juice as well as wine, champagne, & liquor. I was elated to know I would be able to drink my Diet Cokes daily and there would always be more! I am sure they restocked everything almost daily. I also met with the concierge and created a schedule for our week, so we did not miss anything. She booked meals at both LaToc and the Grande, confirmed our anniversary dinner on the beach, as well as reserving space for us at Halcyon’s Mario’s and the Pier (If you make reservations, you don’t need to wait). We swam at LaToc, the main desk people there offered us a room in which to shower and change before we went to the French Restaurant (Alexander was a fantastic server) there, and they stored our clothing bag for us while swimming. Having access to three resorts was a plus.
Our room was #110 and it is by far the best location at the resort. We were on a single story end unit and were closest to the beach. We loved listening to the waves at night. Our porch was ideal for relaxing and reading. The room was somewhat disappointing since it is not updated, and felt old. The tub/shower was not extra large or anything else we expected. There were cracked and broken tiles and only one sink.
When thinking about best and worst of Halcyon: The absolute best was our room location and personalized service. The worst was the lack of restaurant choices. The food was excellent wherever we went, but the locations were limited. Overall, we loved our Halcyon Anniversary and will visit another small Sandals!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries