My Husband and I stayed at Sandals the week of November 18-25th,2012. This was our first visit to a Sandals Resort and we were not dissapointed one bit. We researched this resort on trip advisor and were a little skeptical about some of the negative reviews we read and we advise to disregard them, this resort is PERFECT! If you like a quiet resort this is the resort. We found the staff and entertainment crew amazing and very friendly. There are daily activities that they offer throughout the day that a very fun and allows you to meet new people while having fun. The staff never bother you and you rarley hear the entertainment crew come on a microphone to bother you while you are relaxing. They announce the game during that time and then you are left alone. We visited Sandals La Toc and in 2 hours of being there we had to leave because every 10 minutes someone was coming on the microphone to announce something. We enjoyed La Toc's beach but it is just way to big and nothing to special. We also visited the Grand which is beautiful seeing as it is the newest of all 3. We only went during 1 night to eat at the English Pub (which is a must if you love pub food). We found that we always wanted to go back to our resort which we called "home" for a week. The food at every restaraunt and Buffet was to die for. I am not a very big pork and sea food person and I that is all I ate and was full after every meal.
We did 2 excursions...The Sunset Cruise and Joe Knows. The Sunset Cruise was one of the most romantic experiences we had. It starts at 2pm and goes till7pm you start off by cruising on the west coast to the Piton mountains and snorkel for an hour in a beautiful coral reef. Once the sun starts setting you are on the boat cruising back and each couple is given a bottle of champange to share and you sit and watch the sun set with your loved one. Such a lovely evening.
Joe Knows is an amazing day trip as well, but a little rushed if you ask me. I would totally recommend it but would give you a little tip, once youve done your mud bath your on the go, then the waterfall for 5 mins and your on to your next stop. Its a very fun and amazing experience we just would have perfered it to be a little bit more relaxed and not just go,go,go.
We also did a romantic candle light dinner on the beach on our last night which was absolutley incredible and an amazing way to cap off our honeymoon, You do not leave starving for that meal. Our waitress Andrea was attentive and didn't bother us one bit while we ate.
The resort offeres you a free photoshoot where a photographer takes you around the resort and takes some amazing pictures that you can view and purchase. A little pricey but the pictures turn out beautiful.
As for the beach, which everyone complains about is really not that bad. A bit smaller than the other two but it is just as nice. A word of warning it is not a private beach, there are multiple people that come and bother you to buy things. Even if you are just walking by they whistle and ask you to come over even if its just to say hi. We didn`t enjoy that part at all but if you do buy something it sort of vetos you from everyone else. We suggest buy something from someone and anyone that comes up to you, you can say sorry I bough something already. But please do not let that deter you away from this resort because that is the only and minil problem we had with the resort.
Also be careful with swimming in the sea close to the sunset, there are jellyfish and they come close to the shore to cultivate, my husband did get stung. There is a warning sign that says be aware of jelly fish so it was our own neglagence swimming close to dusk.
There is a loud pool and a quiet pool both with swim up bars and we hung out a both everyday. During the morning we were by the loud pool for some pool volleyball and some music. After lunch we would go by the quiet pool which is just lovely. You can relax meet some amazing people and not have to hear Shaggy for the 5th time that day :) Also we strongly advise you eat at the beach bar, the chicken wings and hanburgers are delicious. We went there almost everyday they are that good.
Overall we had an amazing time and are planning on returning on our 5 year anniversary. xo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries