This holiday was a gift from my parents for my 21st birthday and it was fabulous!
Food was really nice, good variety, but if your looking for a la carte then you may not enjoy it as much as the choice for a la carte is limited (At Halcyon anyway). We did have problems with cold food on the first night, but you seem to find such things trivial in such a fantastic place. Staff are really friendly and attentive, the pools were lovely, the selection of drinks and cocktails were fantastic (not really a drinker but the non alcoholic cocktails were fab)
We did go on a few day trips to La grande one of the sister hotels, the food was fantastic at the Marina and we spent quite alot of time on the beach which was beautiful, their is abit more of a lively atmosphere compared to Halcyon BUT it was nice to go back to the Halcyons peaceful enviroment.
The bus service is a great idea and really regular. I only saw La Toc at night as we went for an Itailian there, food was fab and it also looked like a lovely resort.
There was one tiny thing that aggravated me and that was people trying to sell you things, not the hotel but people on the Halcyon beach, you don't usually mind it if it happens once or twice on holiday but there were round about 10 of them their all day and the main restaurant is right near the beach so you were continously being forced upon to buy things 15 times a day whenever you walked past!
Other then the beach sellers it was amazing, so peaceful and such a treat, would/will I go back? 100% I adored it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries