This review is an honest account of our stay and is intended to be helpful to anyone considering a holiday at Halcyon.
We stayed here in October and had a wonderful time, the resort is a little dated but very comfortable and reasonably clean.
We had a Concierge room which was fine but showing signs of tiredness. The mini bar was great with all spirts, red and white wine , champagne juices, soft drinks but on a couple of occaisions we had to gee up the service desk to have it replenished.
The staff are ALL brilliant and very helpful and friendly, nothing is too much trouble.
The pools were nice but were showing signs of needing a clean with a dark greasy scum attached to the waterline all around both pools, someone mentioned this as a cleaning regiem was visibly started.
The gardens and facilities are lovely and very well kept with the emphasis on relaxation, there was no sweat getting around the pools , the beach was ok it was showing signs of a recent storm but was still very nice.
The food was very good in all the restaraunts and the service was spot on, be warned that wines other than the house wines are not included so if you are not fussed the house wines are very good, be prepared to pay extra for the menu wines from the Somelier.
You are free to use the other two resorts and a regular shuttle bus is laid on , the Grande is totally different in attitude, it is much more upbeat and has more of a WOW factor, we loved the Grande and spent lots of time there. We didnt prefer the Grande to live at as the Halcyon was so relaxing, The other Resort Sandals Le Toc is massive , we didnt spend much time there other than to visit the Japanese resteraunt which was amazing.
We took in a few trips which we booked at the hotel all were excellent, the Sandals snorkel for $40 each was really great.
To sum up,Halcyon is a sleepy resort to relax at, dont expect a party atmosphere.St Lucia is a lovely island and the people are very friendly and its relatively safe (unlike Jamaica) We took a half price deal which was worth the money. However, if we had have paid full price I would have been very dissapointed, Halcyon is a lovely resort and the food and service was great but no where near worth the full brochure price of nearly £8000 for 11 nights.
The sandals experience was great its just that the hotel did not really live up to its billing as it is a bit tired and needs an upgrade but otherwise I would deffinatly reccommend a stay but make sure you get a deal.The Grande St Lucian is an amazing resort if we go back we will stay at the Grande.
Dont be put off by anything I have stated here we had a great time and will be using Sandals again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries