My husband & I had the most incredible honeymoon. We could not have wished for more! From arrival we were treated to hot towels and champagne, withal quick check in service. A porter then escorted us to our room which was beautifully furnished and clean. The bed was huge & I've never slept so well. Our room was located next to the paradise pool. We never heard the main road behind our building at night. We enjoyed a complementary bottle of champagne & we received a honeymoons breakfast bought to our room one morning.
We loved all the restaurants. Particularly the pier restaurant which has a special feel to it. We never felt pressured to buy wine and always opted for the house wine. This was filled up often without asking :) The variety of food is great and there is something for everyone. One night the chef sat with a planning his menu for his stay due to his dietry requirements ~ we thought this an outstanding service. The jerk chicken, the steak and the cheese board was fantastic. When we went to the Grande the Barefoot on the beach had lovely food too. I asked for onion rings as a side which the don't do but the chef made them especially for me - they were the best I've ever tasted. Josphienes is a MUST visit for desert, their pancakes are truly delicious. I have not tasted any that have topped them. We also visited the French restaurant at La Toc which was exquisite, however later we had a burger at the grill back at the Halcyon. Well worth the visit tho. We also had whole coconut drinks whilst there, they were lovely.
The facilities are great. The swimming pools are lovely. We preferred the quiet pool but there is always entertainment at the noisy pool. What makes Paradise pool in one word - Agnes. She is an asset to Sandals who they should treasure. She remembers everyone & really cares about the guests. Without her Sandals really would not be as successful & I hope they appreciate all she does.
All staff at the Halcyon bend over backwards for the guests. They were friendly, entertaining and care that the guests have a good time. AgainI really hope Sandals appreciate their staff as they make this resort. Everton is such a great guy, he introduced himself to us the first night and from then on checked we were ok. On my birthday he sang happy birthday acapello style over the microphone. AMAZING! He made my birthday. Thank you so much. Other staff urceil, gavy, Kurby also are great. Aaron at the bar is the best barman tho! He got to know your drinks!
The alcohol and range of drink is very good by the way! Its good soft drinks are stocked in your room too.
Trips - we did loads. The Julian tours was the best! 10 people go on the trip. They take you snorkling, to a bat cave, see famous peoples houses, to the mud baths, waterfalls and best of all his aunts house for lunch. The lunch was superb and nothing you will ever experience again. Joe knows do a similar trip with a restaurant lunch and there are more peoples. If you want authentic Caribbean see the yellow shirt guys on the beach. It was a truly magical trip. We also did zip wiring which is super fun & horse riding. We loved going into the sea on the horses bareback. Pigeon island is St Lucas national park. It is next to the grand. Get the shuttle across. It is so beautiful if you hike up to Fort Rodney - views are spectacular from the top.
We had a couples massage & candle lit dinner on the beach for my birthday. A little expensive but a beautiful experience. The service and food was first class. The photos are also pricey as professional photographers go around the resorts.
Sandals have many money making schemes but you don't actually have to do any. We chose to because it was our honeymoon, so we bought photos etc One couples we met spent no money the entire 2 weeks they were there.
We loved our honeymoon and hope to go back one day. The resort is just quiet, beautiful and the staff are amazing.
The grande is also great but not got the feel of the Halycon. The beach their is gorgeous. La Toc is disappointing. The staff were not as friendly as the others.
I strongly recommend this resort. I really don't know what makes people happy if they are disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries