We stayed at the Halcyon the last week of September for our honeymoon. We loved our stay. The Halcyon is a small romantic hotel and suited our laid back style perfectly.
Our room was great - room 138 - it was like our own little cottage - set back off the main path so there was no so much foot traffic but still a great view of the ocean. The concierge service was worth the extra money - we loved our fully stocked fridge with cold Piton beer and water and Diet Coke. The room was always cleaned and the turn down service was nice.
There is a safe in the room and I would advise leaving as many of your valuables in there as possible - it is not very big but use it when you are out of the room. We did not have a problem but we encountered another couple staying in a different block of rooms that did. The safe is there for a reason - use it.
The grounds are so beautiful. Green and lush, the flowers and vegetation were spectacular. The beach was really nice too. The weather was good considering it was the rainy season - it rained a few times a day but the sun came out afterwards. I managed to get a very nice tan despite the frequent rain. But even when it rained, the rain was soft and warm, we loved sitting out on our patio drinking our Pitons and watching the rain come down.
The fintness center was good - I used the treadmills and weights while looking out at the ocean. I usually had the place to myself. Beats working out in a sweaty crowded gym.
The food was good. Breakfast was great - pretty much anything you want from eggs, french toast, cereal, fruit, oatmeal...everything. Lunch we usually ate at the Beach Bistro - they had great burgers and tuna sandwiches and yummy fries. Dinners were always great. Mario's was our favorite - my parents own an Italian restaurant so I was not expecting much but it was fantastic. The risotto and gnocchi were amazing. I loved the Pier as well - the snapper and Mahi Mahi were really good. We also visited Kimono's at the Regency (good for a different way to spend the evening) and Barefoot by the Sea at the Grande. The other resorts are very different from the Halcyon but my husband and I agreed that we like the Halcyon the best.
The service was great. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful at all times. We really did not have any complaints. Agnes at the Paradise Pool is the coolest bartender ever. She made a mean mudslide.
The pools were really nice. We divided our time between the Paradise Pool and Sunset Pools. We spend the afternoons at the Paradise pool because it was quieter and the around 4pm we went to the Sunset Pool to partake in pool volleyball. The Sunset Pool is a bit rowdier with music pumping while the Paradise Pool is quiet and just lovely.
We did one excursion - the Souferie Adventure Cruise - which we highly recommend. They pack a lot in in one day which is great - the view of the Pitons from the boat is worth it alone. The tour desk is very helpful in making all your reservations so you should visit them when you get there. Not all tours are offered on all days so you may want to do this when you first arrive.
All in all we loved our honeymoon. It was relaxing and lovely - just what we wanted in a honeymoon. St. Lucia is beautiful and we hope to come back soon....but next stop for us is Jamaica for a quick weekend getaway in Jan...stay tuned!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries