WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights in June and thought it was fine accommodation for the price. It's not flash but it is clean and the staff were really friendly. Easy walk to the shops and the beach. I would stay again if I was ever so lucky as to return to St Lucia!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Flushing, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed in Room 212. The view was fantastic. The room hotel is one of the older hotels in the area however it is clean. There are ants as others have mentioned, just keep your food and toiletries covered and you'll be fine. Mosquitoes are only an issue if you keep the balcony/patio door open. However they're pretty fierce in the dining area. If you're staying after the rainy season like I did (11/14-11/21) you WILL need bug spray - that's not the hotel's fault!! The Edge staff (breakfast) is WONDERFUL! I opted for the breakfast option which was $12USD/day. NOT BAD!! You can change your egg option to whichever egg you'd like except for the eggs Benedict. I ordered an extra pancake on the side for $8EC (again, NOT BAD!!)
Back to the room - the hotel is a bit dated however, I wasn't there to "live" in the room! It served it's purpose, it was clean, and comfortable! One complaint I had/have was that my television didn't work properly. The volume did not increase. It would go lower however if you wanted to raise the volume, the menu option or AV option would come up. When I did bring this to the receptionists attention, it was too late in the evening and she "left a note for maintenance." Maintenance never came, I played around with the volume to get it to "12" and left well enough alone. I only watched TV at night so it wasn't terrible. THE WIFI IS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! This is VERY frustrating considering having WiFi is some travelers ONLY connection to family back home. I was upset with this but made due with lack of communication and appreciated it when I could get it. I understand you're on vacation, but when you miss your loved ones at home and can't communicate, it's upsetting.
Overall, this is my second trip to St. Lucia, but first stay at Harmony Suites, I'd stay here over my other accommodation for sure. I would also try out other locations as well... Maybe on the beach next time!

Room Tip: DEFINITELY stay on the 2nd Floor! The view was spectacular from my room - Rm 212. It was a little...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This a small hotel, very well located for access to beaches and restaurants. There is a small pool. The room was fine for the rate; it was clean and the AC worked although it sometimes made strange noises so I guess it might need servicing. The room door needs a spring adjusting so it doesn't slam shut with a loud bang.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Small more like a dated apartment which is kept in a poor condition. The shower is very small, the place is not kept clean at best, the only thing my hussy and I enjoyed about this place on 13 Aug is the AC down room. Customer service was awful we so don't look forward to another stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank sasckim
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Harmony Suites was great. The room was massive with air conditioning and just a short stroll to the beach. There are some nice restaurants close by also which are all reasonably priced. I would stay there again. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Generally a lovely hotel, very clean , helpful friendly staff, Bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable, however temperamental flush, was advised by maintenance that I needed to push handle down hold for 5 seconds and then push back up to allow system to refill, obviously a knack that I just couldn't get but my partner did.Pool could do with a good refurb very small but we always had it to ourselves as it was close to the beach,
Disappointed that on the day tropical storm Chantel hit the island we were unable to get food at either of the restaurants until 6 pm as staff hadn't come in to work.
I would recommend that a discount should be offered to residents at all 3 of the resturants connected with the hotel.
On the whole great value for money and if we return to St Lucia would stay again

Room Tip: The standard rooms come with a kettle and toaster and fridge so if you want to cook anything would s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claire J
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Generally the hotel was ok, we went for a Luxury Waterfront Suites and the room was pretty good value for money.

The big issue was the customer service which was awful, firstly they wanted us to pay for the room on arrival. I had no issue with this and had all the documentation to hand regarding the amount we had outstanding after initially paying the deposit.

We had booked direct via the Harmony Suites website and the whole thing was quoted in US dollars and US dollars are widely accepted in St Lucia. So we went away and got the cash for the hotel (the exact amount that was detailed on the confirmation that was outstanding). When i tried to give the money over, I was told that the bill was now higher because the exchange rate (EC to US) had deteriorated during the time between us booking and arriving so it would cost them more to exchange the money and we would have to foot this bill! ...I'm sorry is it my fault that the exchange rate is worse..why would you quote an exact price in US dollars if you aren't willing to accept that price! I bet they aren't giving people refunds when the exchange rate improves!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 673Dave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Bay Gardens Hotel
Coco Palm Resort
Coco Palm Resort
#3 of 6 in Rodney Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,523 reviews

Been to Harmony Suites? Share your experiences!