“Close to Airport and Castries”
Review of Auberge Seraphine

Auberge Seraphine
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Baltimore, Maryland
“Close to Airport and Castries”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

We picked this place from previous reviews. The view is nice looking out to the harbor, and there is a pond full of water lillies and egrets in front. It's a good place if you need to be close to the airport ar a resonable price. It's also close to Coal Pot restaurant which I highly recommend.
We stayed twice on our trip to Saint Lucia. The first night we go a room that the A/C didn't work well, and we were too tired to deal with it. They made up for it the next time with a nicer room and funtioning A/C.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2010

It was just a one night but I chose Auberge Seraphine because its not in the busiest part of Castries. The views are great. So I took my sons to the movies, ate pizza and ice cream and suprised them with a night out by staying there. Big breakfast in the morning and off we went. Thanks for a wonderful, memorable stay...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jaycpee34
Northeast
Reviewed April 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because he had business in st. Lucia. I was skeptical at first because the hotel was not on the beach and it was close to Castries, a busy city. But soon we found our way around (rental car) and if we needed to go somewhere we were not sure of, there were friendly taxi drivers to show us the way. The staff of this hotel are extremely helpful and we left there feeling like we had made friendships to treasure. We will remember them and I'm sure when we go back to St. Lucia, it will be to this hotel. The cost is reasonable (and I do recomend a room with a view of the marina) compared to the "all inclusive" resorts, so that you can afford the room and still take the tours or boat cruises and go to nearby beaches, The restaurant had exceptional food also. We could have eaten anywhere but chose to eat there everynight due to the menu and staff. The staff at the bar will mix you up practically any drink that you desire. They aim to please. All in all this hotel is a gem!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Essex, England
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I stayed at the Auberge (infact all people travelling to St Lucia form my employers do), in September 09, and what can I say? From when I first arrived (admittedly after a rather hair raising taxi ride from Hewanorra Airport in the South of the Island - but thats what makes St Lucia fun!!), to when I left, I was made to feel really welome, and for a women travelling on her own it was particually reasuring. The food was wonderful, and from the first night when the waiter found out it was my first trip to St Lucia, the Chef "added" to my evening meals from then on with local vegtables such as Dasheen and Plantain, which I proberbly wouldn't of tried otherwise! Also the lady who waited on at Breakfast was fantastic, making sure I took something with me to eat at Lunchtime! Eating dinner, in a open fronted resturant looking over the bay at night was such a peaceful experiance. For anyone who worries about the close proximity to the local airport in Castries - don't worry - I never heard any planes as the Auberge is so sheltered! Will definatly recommend anyone travelling for business or please to Castries, to give the Auberge a chance!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Anniex90
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I have stayed at the Auberge Seraphine now on some 4 or 5 occasions. The hotel is clean, has a wonderful view, is easily accessible to Castries, Pointe Seraphine and one or two good restaurants. Generally the staff are friendly, with one or two exceptions, who seem to go out of their way to perpetuate the classic Caribbean surly, miserable attitude.

The food in the restaurant is good, and popular with locals. I find the Auberge excellent for doing business in Castries - you can walk into town, although it can be "sweaty" on a hot day! Flying into Hewannora, however, I usually hire a car there and use it to get into Castries - although parking is a nightmare. If you're flying out with LIAT (ho, ho), the hotel is super-convenient for the airport - it just depends as to when LIAT arrives.

The hotel does itself no favours by having no online booking facility. I ended up using some vague booking agency, which the hotel subsequently told me charged some 25% over their rate, but e-mails to the hotel remained unansewered!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank KentBaz
Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Auberge Seraphine is a great hotel to stay at, if your visit to St. Lucia is for shopping in the nearby city of Castries or any other business. One can literally walk to the town. The airport is very close by, but devoid of the typical noises one would associate with an airport, I suppose it's because only light aircraft are allowed to land there. The convenient location was definitely a plus for me.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tleonce
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Auberge Seraphine is located almost across from the city airport in Castries, overlooking a small marina. All of its rooms, spacious well-equipped and tastefully decorated, face the waterfront and have a balcony on which one can contemplate the sea, watch tourist party boats come and go or just relax. The dining room and bar, which also overlook the water, serves excellent seafood dishes served elegantly by courteous, friendly staff. However, for all its elegance in menu and food presentation, the hotel staff on the whole are friendly and eager to help at any time of the day or night,

The hotel is family owned and operated, and one frequently finds the owners greeting guests in the dining room or at check-in.

The combination of friendliness, good service and comfortable rooms at an affordable price is unbeatable.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank NGeorge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort
blu St Lucia
blu St Lucia
#6 of 13 in Gros Islet
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort

Been to Auberge Seraphine? Share your experiences!