Auberge Seraphine
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Harmony Suites(Castries)(Great Value!)
$247
$214
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
Sandals Regency La Toc(Castries)
  • Breakfast included
Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort(Castries)
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Vega(Castries)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsclose to townnice poolconvenient locationcruise linersan early flightminutes from the airportst luciasmall hotelbrown sugarpoint seraphinelarge balconydowntown castriestea and coffee making facilitiesnice stayflat screen tvduty free shoppingbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Acting on the recommendation of my cousin, I arrived at the Auberge Seraphine and was instantly impressed. The staff are amongst the most courteous and accommodating I've encountered at any hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and well appointed. My room opened up to a lovely pool, even though I never used it. Another attractive addition was that I had free wifi throughout the hotel. This makes the Auberge Seraphine the ideal place for business travelers as well as those who need to remain in contact with family while away. It was a pleasure to sit on the upper terrace overlooking the water and look at the Egrets settle, while having a drink at sun set. The bar is more than adequately stocked and the restaurant, well laid out, serves excellent meals which are surprisingly very affordable. Should you require a place close to the airport and every other major activity center in St Lucia, I would definitely recommend the Auberge Seraphine. The only downside to staying at the Auberge Seraphine is the absence of a beach within walking distance (which they do mention on their website). However, the other conveniences makes it worth the stay. Should you decide to stay at the Auberge Seraphine, make sure to have Denver,the bartender, mix you a kokonut rum and pineapple juice. It is definitely the best I've had.

S. Peters

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Artist Shawn P
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I spent five nights there from the 24th to the 29th January. You pay beer money, yet you still get enough champagne.
You get champagne in terms of efficient service.
You get champagne in terms of treatment; they tend to treat you like family. I was impressed by the informality and customer-trusting nature from booking, through check-in and then checkout. I hope that no circumstances arise that would cause them to change their way of doing business – hospitality without officiousness.
I had a minor issue at around 1.30 a.m. on my first night and was able to have my room changed immediately and amiably by the overnight manager whose name I believe was Swelen.
Many thanks to Barbara who attended to me at breakfast, Thomas, who attended to me at dinner together with Miriam and Camilla at the front desk who extended a number of courtesies to me, all deeply appreciated.
I had no complaints and was satisfied with my room and its maintenance. I loved the view from my room’s balcony and would stay up late at night just enjoying the refreshing night air. I felt safe at all times on the compound and always saw security personnel on the compound.

Room Tip: Rooms have a view of the bay, but the top level provides the better panoramic view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TTTony
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Auberge Seraphine 13 January 2012
Lovely short stay at Auberge again. We had a room overlooking the water and the Egrets. Very clean. I met our housekeeper, Lia, and she is very nice. Elton and the other staff do a brilliant rum punch. Clive the new security guard was a pleasure to talk to and a mine of information. A very well run and not expensive place. Going back to stay later in the year for a little longer.

Room Tip: Try to book a room overlooking the bay with a balcony. Breakfast is good value and cooked to order. The 3-course local lunch is a bargain.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Following my previous report (in 2009 I think), this place remains a delightful place to stay. True, some of the facilities are somewhat "jaded" - old-fashioned TV sets, somehwat faded bathroom facilities etc - but these pale into insignificance when you sit at the Seraphine's bar, or on the terrace above, with a marvellous view of the Castries bays and the cruise ships which come in and out on a regular basis.

The Seraphine's restaurant is good value for money and the staff (at evening time) are friendly and helpful. I still can't say the same about the female breakfast staff - not exactly rude, but offhand, but a few more smiles would be welcome.....

The reception staff are a delight to deal with - always helpful - not always the case in the Caribbean these days.

Don't go here for a beach holiday, but if you want to be close to Castries, this is the place to stay. Prices still very reasonable for the region; large rooms with balconies, and - a big plus - free WiFi, with simple sign on.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stayed here for a night after arriving late on the catamaran from Martinique. It is clearly the best option in the St Lucian capital, and a welcome haven after the needlessly chaotic scene at the port. I was quickly ushered to a perfect room...large, clean, stylish in a traditional if stereotyped "island" fashion with en excellent bathroom and large balcony. Wifi free and TV excellent. The view is of the pretty yacht harbour and trees packed full of egrets. the latter a nice but unintentional touch. The restaurant was fine with good service, although some of the staff seemed more intent on serving the small group of affluent locals at the bar than dealing with the visitors. The reception was helpful if not effusive. I actually easily walked into Castries, possibly one of the Caribbean's least compelling capitals, with a shortcut past the new-built cruise ship port. Wanted to buy a bottle of rum for friends I would visit, which was a no-go in town since it was election day, but passing the shopping centre at the very artificial cruise ship port found I could buy anything anytime at duty free prices with a passport. Funny that. The front desk conveniently arranged an impromptu care rental so I could be off quickly to Soufriere.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends