“Auberge Seraphine- A Hidden Jewel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Auberge Seraphine

Auberge Seraphine
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Ottawa, Canada
“Auberge Seraphine- A Hidden Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

I spent two nights; March 27 & 28- 2011, and from arrival to departure the service was more than a 5 star. My room was clean, wasn't expecting such a big bathroom-great. The location was perfect and my terrace gave me a vantage point for many pictures even all the white birds. The best part of my trip was going to the restaurant for all meals, and getting such wonderful service from the staff, the part that I didn't like was leaving. I will recommend this hotel to all family and friends. I will definitely put it on my list for a must stay next year for the worldwide St.Lucia Associations convention in St. Lucia again. The price was great...again keep up the great work, and you are a great hotel. The beach may not be at your doorstep, but I will drive to the beach--to get the great service you deliver. See you in August 2011, I will return with my family.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AubergeSeraphine, Owner at Auberge Seraphine, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and for the review you left on our website! We truly enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

This is a lovely hotel in a handy location for an amazing price. I stayed here for two nights in January while waiting for friends to arrive on St. Lucia. (I was going to stay at a villa with them.) I stayed here several years ago for the same reason.
I could see the bright hotel tucked away in a little inlet as we entered the port on the ferry. The building is very attractive. It has a pleasant view of the harbor. The rooms are a good size. Because it is a small hotel, the staff was very personal and caring. They helped me settle a rental car problem that I had had on a previous island. They also showed me a path that made it easy to walk to town. There is a good swimming pool and patio with lounge chairs. In fact, if one wasn't interested in being on a beach, this would be a good place from which to tour the island.
The restaurant is also very attractive and the food is excellent. For two nights, two dinners, two breakfasts, and a lunch I paid only $307

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

We picked this place from previous reviews. The view is nice looking out to the harbor, and there is a pond full of water lillies and egrets in front. It's a good place if you need to be close to the airport ar a resonable price. It's also close to Coal Pot restaurant which I highly recommend.
We stayed twice on our trip to Saint Lucia. The first night we go a room that the A/C didn't work well, and we were too tired to deal with it. They made up for it the next time with a nicer room and funtioning A/C.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

It was just a one night but I chose Auberge Seraphine because its not in the busiest part of Castries. The views are great. So I took my sons to the movies, ate pizza and ice cream and suprised them with a night out by staying there. Big breakfast in the morning and off we went. Thanks for a wonderful, memorable stay...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jaycpee34
Northeast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because he had business in st. Lucia. I was skeptical at first because the hotel was not on the beach and it was close to Castries, a busy city. But soon we found our way around (rental car) and if we needed to go somewhere we were not sure of, there were friendly taxi drivers to show us the way. The staff of this hotel are extremely helpful and we left there feeling like we had made friendships to treasure. We will remember them and I'm sure when we go back to St. Lucia, it will be to this hotel. The cost is reasonable (and I do recomend a room with a view of the marina) compared to the "all inclusive" resorts, so that you can afford the room and still take the tours or boat cruises and go to nearby beaches, The restaurant had exceptional food also. We could have eaten anywhere but chose to eat there everynight due to the menu and staff. The staff at the bar will mix you up practically any drink that you desire. They aim to please. All in all this hotel is a gem!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Essex, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

I stayed at the Auberge (infact all people travelling to St Lucia form my employers do), in September 09, and what can I say? From when I first arrived (admittedly after a rather hair raising taxi ride from Hewanorra Airport in the South of the Island - but thats what makes St Lucia fun!!), to when I left, I was made to feel really welome, and for a women travelling on her own it was particually reasuring. The food was wonderful, and from the first night when the waiter found out it was my first trip to St Lucia, the Chef "added" to my evening meals from then on with local vegtables such as Dasheen and Plantain, which I proberbly wouldn't of tried otherwise! Also the lady who waited on at Breakfast was fantastic, making sure I took something with me to eat at Lunchtime! Eating dinner, in a open fronted resturant looking over the bay at night was such a peaceful experiance. For anyone who worries about the close proximity to the local airport in Castries - don't worry - I never heard any planes as the Auberge is so sheltered! Will definatly recommend anyone travelling for business or please to Castries, to give the Auberge a chance!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Anniex90
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

I have stayed at the Auberge Seraphine now on some 4 or 5 occasions. The hotel is clean, has a wonderful view, is easily accessible to Castries, Pointe Seraphine and one or two good restaurants. Generally the staff are friendly, with one or two exceptions, who seem to go out of their way to perpetuate the classic Caribbean surly, miserable attitude.

The food in the restaurant is good, and popular with locals. I find the Auberge excellent for doing business in Castries - you can walk into town, although it can be "sweaty" on a hot day! Flying into Hewannora, however, I usually hire a car there and use it to get into Castries - although parking is a nightmare. If you're flying out with LIAT (ho, ho), the hotel is super-convenient for the airport - it just depends as to when LIAT arrives.

The hotel does itself no favours by having no online booking facility. I ended up using some vague booking agency, which the hotel subsequently told me charged some 25% over their rate, but e-mails to the hotel remained unansewered!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank KentBaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Casa del Vega
#7 of 12 in Castries
The Ginger Lily Hotel
The Ginger Lily Hotel
#6 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Auberge Seraphine? Share your experiences!