“Take this tour!!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Take this tour!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2009

My wife and I just got back from staying at Sandals Grande in St. Lucia. Before we went, I found Cosol Tours on TripAdvisor and looked no further. Every review was a perfect 5.0, so I knew this had to be good!

We had the best time and saw so much!! Google search for Cosol's website and check out the list of all of the amazing things he will take you to see and do! You will have so much fun for way less than the price of the cruise and resort tours.

You will get a good feel for the local way of life, meet some locals, visit various tourist attractions, and just have a really good time! And to make it even better, your mini-group of 7-10 people will have your own tour guide, and he will make sure you get to see all of the attractions and things to do and will keep you moving throughout the day. Trust me, being bored and waiting for some huge group to hurry up to the next thing will not happen on a Cosol tour...you will love everything about it!!

Oh, and Cosol has a local masseuse friend, and she gives amazing massages at good pricing. Ask him if you are interested.

1 Thank BJAllstate

BC, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Tour”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I recently spent the day on Cosol Tours and have no regrets. After booking the tour from reading reviews I had high expectations which were fully met. Cosol tours met me off the cruise ship pier and had everything organized. Quickly I got into the van and the adventure began. The views are beautiful, lush green vegetation (saw coffee, cashew, banana, breadfruit, avacado, etc) and spectacular views of the Piton's. Many stops for pictures, shopping, banana plantation, and to experience the surroundings.
We had lunch and tasted many new foods which were delicious and banana ketchup, a must try. Later travelled by boat to Anse des Pitons beach for swimming and snorkeling, this was beautiful and worth the tour itself. Went to the drive in volcano and botanical gardens to end the day.

Overall, the tour was marvelous and I would book again. Great for all, and a bargain for what you see and do.

1 Thank mxd827
NJ
“don't miss this tour!!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I cannot rave enough about how great this tour was. You will get a "taste" of the local culture from the insight and knowledge of the drivers (we had "Casol") to an actual home cooked breakfast that was top notch. Lunch was great too. They stop at key points in St. Lucia and let you feel the local tradition. Don't miss this tour!!!! A must.

Granby, CT
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Cosol Tours of St. Lucia”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

During a recent Caribbean cruise, we had an outstanding tour with COSOL TOURS in St. Lucia. We had a comfy van with a driver who spoke very understandable English. Went to a banana plantation where we got perfectly ripened bananas to eat. Beautiful scenery. Stopped at a view spot where our guide had set up a tasting and drinking station. He must have had 6 to 8 vans to carry all of his guests. We all stopped for a sampling of the local cuisine, where he encouraged everyone to eat all of the food and try to drink all of the beverages. We sampled Bread fruit balls, Johnny cakes, coconut sticks, coconut cake, banana bread, mango, fried plantain, chicken with curry sauce, fish with curry sauce, banana Ketchup, guava candy, passion fruit, sugar cane, etc. For drinks (everything ice cold) – local beer, rum punch, bottled water, sodas and spiced rum. More sightseeing. Drive to a volcano with sulphur gas spewing, a volcano guide who gave a 10 minute presentation. More sightseeing – and the driver stopped off at a local stand and got home made coconut cookies for all of us. A stop at another spot for more drinks and a boat taxi to a gorgeous swim and snorkel spot between the Piton mountains. More sightseeing and then another stop at the drink spot for any final drinks. Then on the way back to the ship the driver stopped for some local cheese sticks, and a stop at a local bakery where he picked up a bag of freshly baked (hot) bread for us to have with our cheese. I’m sure I am missing some of the details, but I hope this gives you an idea of this tour. Cost was $65/person to be paid at the end of the tour if we liked it. We loved it!

1 Thank Artistdld
NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Cosol Tours was the highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Last Thursday, Sept. 17th, we did a Cosol tour off of the Carnival Victory. We had Yellowbird (Hillary) as our driver. What a FANTASTIC tour it was! We learned so much about the island, the history of the banana plantations and how they're grown - and what better way to eat a sweet banana than right off the tree? We got to sample some delicious foods of the island, saw a volcano, a waterfall, and our favorite part was taking the water taxi to Jalousie Beach to swim between the two Pitons! Yellowbird was funny, friendly and informative, proving that the warmth of St. Lucia doesn't just come from the weather, but from the hearts of its people.