“A Wonderful Tour of St. Lucia” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cosol Tours
Ranked #1 of 54 Tours in Castries
Meridian, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Tour of St. Lucia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My daughter and I docked in St. Lucia on our cruise. Our tour guide with Cosol was Robinson. He could not have done a better job. He was so friendly and knew everything about the island. We saw a lot of St. Lucia including the volcano, botanical gardens, beach, rum factory, a boat ride to the pitons and more. We were treated to some local food made by the Cosol family. All the food was yummy and a great variety. One of our groups favorite thing was the blue van that followed us full of beer, rum punch and soda. We couldn't have asked for a better tour. I want to go back to do it again!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank idahoms

Jasper GA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A day with COSOL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We set this up way ahead of our cruise stop in St. Lucia due mainly to the many positive reviews. No need for me to repeat everything, just read cruisin_11 and we did the much of the same thing but without the beach activity. It was fun looking for the 'blue van' and enjoying the beverages and snacks along the way. Our driver was very good, would have been a plus to have 'the man' but he can't be everywhere.

Arlington, Virginia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Solid Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The tour was advertised as 5-6 hours. In our case it lasted over 7 hours - somewhat because our guide Ram Zee seemed to be more interested in seeing we had a good tour rather than the clock - and a bit of traffic in town. The tour is aware of when you need to be at the ship to board - and the last thing anyone wants is for you to be late.

1 Thank Sandman030
Surrey, Canada
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“What a day...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

So.. as I read some of the negative reviews I wonder if I should be unhappy.... Nope... I loved the day as did my husband.
We ended up in Cosol's van and enjoyed his banter the whole day. The running joke was about all his girlfriends on the Island. Perhaps the humour would have been out of place if there were children, but we had quite the laugh.
The Island is lovely, even the poor areas we drove through were clean and people were not unfriendly. The roads wound around and around and up and down with something to see at every turn. We did have to pay a dollar at one washroom, but the rest were free and were clean enough.
I am sure I will miss something as this 5 to 6 hour tour stretched in to 7.5 and still we did not manage to get to the botanical gardens or the shopping, but nobody was complaining.
Our breakfast stop was fascinating. The view was gorgeous as we sampled around 15 to 20 different foods. There was passion fruit, sweet and sour tamarind balls, fish cakes, breadfruit balls, coconut bread, banana bread, fresh fruits, banana ketchup, coconut fudge and other things that I can't remember. On the trip back Cosol stopped again to pay the woman who fixed all this fresh food for us. We did stop to check out the bananas and to eat one fresh off the bunch. For those of us snorkeling he got extra bananas to feed the fish later in the day.
The snorkeling was at Jalousie Beach. While others have commented on the private beach I had done some research before we left and learned that while the chairs to the Piton side of the dock belong to the resort the beach is public. You can sit in front of any hotel or resort on Saint Lucia.
The drive through Volcano is interesting and if I had been daring I would have tried the mud baths. I enjoyed the talk by the guide who was quite knowledgeable.
We did swim under the waterfall which was quite sharp on your back but was a nice refreshing break.
On the trip back Cosol called ahead and when we stopped he brought out fresh hot buns that were in the shape of a turkey leg and were fairly dense and some cheese to go inside them. Yummy!!! We had plenty to drink from water to my new favourite spiced rum!!!!!
So is there lots of driving -- yes. Is there lots to see -- yes. It was a taste of many of the good things Saint Lucia has to offer. Cosol got us back before the ship left and that was a good thing!

1 Thank Mari Anne H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Another great trip with Cosol”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We enjoyed our tour with Cosol so much last year that we decided to do the same again this year when we were in St Lucia . Our booiing wa really smooth but I don't know if they'd been having trouble with their email as 2 people on our cruise got no reply to their enquiries. Our driver was really helpful and friendly as expected and we visited many of the same spots as before - banana plantation, the pitons, drive-through volcano, numerous villages and enjoyed spectacular views. Last year we went to the gardens and this year we went to Toraille waterfall instead. The highlight was the fast water-taxi ride between the pitons to Jalousie Beach where we wpent a relaxing 2 hours. . Food and drinks were supplied: breakfast was a delicious mix of local food and lunch consisted of piping hot bread with cheese. Rum Punch was available all day as was beer, water and soft drinks.
The down-side for me was that all the twists and turns over the mountainous roads made me feel really travel-sick so that spoilt the afternoon for me, particularly on the way back to the ship, but that was not their fault so would still highly recommend.

Visited January 2013