“Fantastic Caribbean food”

Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Castries
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fish and seafood specialties restaurant on water front at Vigie Cove, Chef Xavier Ribot has lead this charming restaurant for 15 years offering french and Caribbean cuisine.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

After 2 months in St Lucia, this was our favourite restaurant. The fish was amazing (particularly the dorado) and it is in a beautiful location. Fantastic Caribbean food.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Coal Pot Restaurant serves excellent blend of good food made with local ground provisions, vegetables and various meats. I enjoy the mussels and Coquille St Jacques in addition to the lobster bisque as appetizers. The garlic shrimp, coconut curry Dorado or snapper are my favorite entres. The chocolate cake or passion fruit cheese cake completes my lunch menu.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family made a stop for lunch at the Coal Pot while on a cruise. This was the best meal we had the entire week - from the handmade cocktails to the fantastic handmade dishes that everything is served on, it can't be missed.
My son is a chef at a top restaurant and this was up to his standards.

1  Thank damostdaja
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went there for lunch last month, for the first time. It has a good location, and a lovely view.
The staff were attentive and made some excellent suggestions.
The food was so well displayed I felt satisfied with my eyes before I even had a bite to eat.
The taste was divine, I had the salmon. It was melt in your mouth ,seasoned to perfection and properly done.

Downside: The serving was so large ,I had no space left for dessert. Hahahhaha.
I will definitely be back. 5 stars all the way!!! Buen Provecho

1  Thank Fryshark1
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Coal pot is a family owned restaurant that has been owned by the same family for 40 years. It sits on the water; is incredibly romantic. Go here for traditional St Lucian fare that is delicious.

1  Thank joAnn0716