“If you want the best service and full confidence in your transportation”
Review of Fabian Tours

Fabian Tours
Ranked #57 of 181 Tours in St. Lucia
More attraction details
Owner description: Fabian Tours is a leading provider of Island Transfers and Tours on Saint Lucia. Fabian Tours offers only Private Tours to individuals, small or large groups and specialize in personal attention, and service excellence. We offer a vast array of exciting tours and opportunities to explore and create lifetime memories. We service clients from all over the world traveling to the island for business and leisure trips. Our Tours embrace a variety of experiences, are expertly paced according to the clients expectations and comfort levels, and to offer the best historical and sightseeing opportunities. Attention to detail is a key ingredient of Fabian Tours. Our Tours have been carefully designed to ensure that the traveler enjoys the diverse experiences, the natural beauty, unspoiled beaches, waterfalls &botanical gardens, the majestic Pitons and the island’s history, culture and customs, that it has to offer. We combine our expertise, excellent value for money and the magic of Saint Lucia into a unique and unforgettable experience. Create your unique island experience and let us put you on an unforgettable journey.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We just returned from 10 days in St. Lucia. My husband found Fabian's Island Tours online and saw some great reviews, so we decided to give them a try. So glad we did! Curtis was our driver and was so gracious and charming and knowledgeable. He catered to our every need! He picked us up at the airport and delivered us to our hotel on the first day, after providing us with a taste of the best sea moss on the island.

On day two he took us on an island tour where we got to sample so many local treats! We were able to sample fresh coconut water drunk directly from the coconut - plus the jelly from the inside. He stopped at his favorite bakery and gave us a loaf of creole bread, hot out of the oven. We went to the drive in volcano, where he delivered us to the best guide. I believe her name was Michelle (apologies if I got it wrong). She was very polite and knowledgeable about the island. She spoke with a lovely island accent, and her tone and cadence were so pleasant to listen to. I know that she must convey the same information over and over to folks as each new group come in to see the sulfer springs, and yet you would have thought that she was telling us our own special version of the story. She didn't speed through, or talk in a monotone. She actually spoke to us, clearly and slowly, so we could understand her. We could have spent all day listening to her! On the way out of the volcano, thanks to Curtis, we were sampling the local fried fish. Very, very tasty.

As we drove around, he knew that I wanted to taste St. Lucia's famous kassav bread - and took us to the best place to get it. We picked up several varieties! (not sure if the cherry or the chocolate was my favorite!!!)

All along the way he pointed out items of interest and told us about the local culture. One of my favorite sights was the arch. When we pulled over on the side of the road, I looked out onto the beautiful Caribbean sea... Curtis asked what I saw, and I said, "oh, what a lovely arch"... He asked me again, and I realized that the arch resembled a woman's shoe! Being a shoe girl, I thought it was very cool. That's the thing about Curtis, he leaves no detail to chance. Such a small thing, but all of those things added up to a very special experience.

On our next excursion with Curtis we went to Pigeon Island, Rodney Bay, Reduit Beach and Marigot Bay. As we drove from place to place, Curtis would point out the place we had just been to, so that we could have another perspective. We saw forts that have now been converted into schools, and jails used by the French centuries ago. All along the way, Curtis made sure to take pictures of us together. It's really nice to have pictures of both of us together, rather than having all your pictures being of just the "wife" or just the "husband". When we looked at the pictures later each evening, we agreed that they were beautiful. Curtis knew just how to get a great picture of not only us, but of the scenery - it was as if we were photo-shopped onto beautiful, St. Lucian postcards.

Along the way, we stopped at the local banana plantation, where we got to see bananas "being born". Curtis explained the history of the plantation and how the bananas are cultivated and marketed. Upon getting the opportunity to taste the "rejected" bananas, we agreed that they were the best we'd ever tasted. When we found that St. Lucia exports only its "perfect" bananas to the UK, we wanted to go there just to check out how much "better" these "perfect" St. Lucian bananas could be! :-)

We also went to the Diamond Botanical Gardens, where again, Curtis ensured that we had a wonderful guide. Alexander, "the walking internet", knew about every plant in the gardens! We even got to see both "snake men"... I read about one in the Foder's book on St. Lucia, but of course, in our travels, Curtis managed to pass another snakeman! Two for the price of one! :-)

It's not possible to say enough good things about Curtis and Fabian Tours. As I was making arrangements from the states to have Fabian's Tours pick us up at the airport, I corresponded with Fabian numerous times. I was touched at how thorough he was. As I posed questions, he not only answered me clearly and presisely, but he provided extra information that I would not have thought to ask. Unfortunately, today, so many folks are "in a hurry", but Fabian really took the time to ensure that I was prepared when I arrived in St. Lucia. I told him the kinds of things we were interested in, and asked for suggestions as to what would make sense logically (geographically) to see. He said that we could do whatever we'd like, and that he'd customize the trip to our liking. He was not kidding.

We also felt the prices very reasonable. We had a good portion of Curtis' day, and we felt that given his time committment, the gas, the treats he picked up along the way for us, and all of the great information he provided, it was a great deal.

If you're going to St. Lucia and would like to get around the island (or if you just need a ride to and from the airport), please call Fabian's Island Tours. You will not regret it. :-)

1  Thank Ann M
in 4 reviews
"soufriere"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wow. Fantastic. Awesome. Amazing. These are the kinds of adjectives that come to mind when I think of my tour around St. Lucia from Curtis at Fabian Tours. I had wanted a land tour of the island, and I was going to book one through our hotel or vacation rep, but they didn't offer a tour that included all of the things that I wanted to see - and neither did the other online touring companies that I looked up on the internet. So I decided to inquire about doing a private tour with Fabian Tours, and I'm so glad I did!

For two people, the price was comparable to what we would have paid together for a packaged tour (it was actually LESS that what I was expecting to pay!) But that's where the comparison ends. My trip with Fabian Tours was light-years beyond my expectations, even for a private tour. I had a quick reply from Fabian after I sent him an email inquiring about pricing and availability - and I was so happy that he was able to arrange something with only last-minute notice. I was able to fully customize my itinerary based on the things that I wanted to see, with suggestions from Fabian about what was worthwhile to do that I hadn't included.

While on the trip, Curtis, our guide, went out of his way to make the day wonderful, stopping for local treats, suggesting great locations for photos (and taking some of us together), and sharing his knowledge about the island (answering any and all questions!) Curtis took care of all the little details for us, so we didn't have to worry about paying to use any washroom, admissions, or food. He also had plenty of cold beverages readily available in the vehicle, should we need a refreshment en route.

I am so glad that I decided to book with Fabian Tours. I can't imagine that there would be any company out there that would beat it on service, quality, and price. I will be recommending it, and Curtis as a driver, to anyone I know that is going to St. Lucia. If I ever have the chance to go back myself, I would contact Fabian Tours in a heartbeat for ANYTHING I want to do on the island. Forget packaged, group tours altogether - this is the only way to go!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had booked a sightseeing excursion with Fabian Tours many months before an extended family vacation in December. The day of the excursion six more members of my group decided they wanted to join us. When we met our driver, I told him about the extra people, and he immediately phoned to check if that was acceptable. Soon, we were in two fifteen+ passenger vans and on our way around the island. *Warning* The roads in St Lucia are not friendly to those who may experience car sickness! But I will say, our driver offered spots in the front for two who were feeling queasy and offered them water. It worked like a charm, and, thankfully, no one actually got sick! We visited several sites, were given fresh bread and freshly picked bananas, and some very strong rum punch. Drinks were always available from a cooler in the back of the van. At times it was a little difficult to hear the driver describe the scenery, but in general he was very knowledgeable and informative. Our final stop was Diamond Falls, where we were given the guide, Alexander. This man knew more about flora and fauna and the island than I think most people could learn in three lifetimes; it was very impressive, to say the least. At this point, we had been driving (to all the sites we requested, mind you) for about 5 hours, and the older members of our group, 11-75) were getting a little tires, so I asked the driver if we could head back. He spoke with the group in the other van to make sure no one wanted to keep going, and graciously took us back to our ship. It was an exhausting day, but definitely worth it as we all saw a large portion of the island and its culture. I would highly recommend Fabian if you visit the island!

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked a combined Gros Piton Hike and Island Adventure through Fabian Tours. We were looking forward to this trip out whole vacation! We started by driving all the way to Gros Piton so that we wouldn't be climbing in the hot sun. On the way there out driver stopped at a bakery in Canaries and bought us some hot, fresh bread to hold us over til lunch. It was great! We got to the pitons and our driver loaded us up with cold water he had in a cooler for us. The hike took us a total of 3.5 hours. It was very hard, I have never sweat so much in my life! I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, but this climb did not make me feel like it! After that we went to the drive in volcano and the sulphur springs park. It was very interesting to see! From there we went I to Soufriere and had lunch at a local restaurant recommended by our driver. It was delicious. Our driver called a guy he knows to take us to Jalousie beach on his water taxi. We were finally able to cool off from the hike! The beach was very nice and we felt so refreshed. After our swim we began our drive back to the resort. Along the way we stopped at a banana farm, marigot bay, and a few look out points. The driver offered to take pictures of us together at all our stops. Overall, it was a fantastic day.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently went on a 5 stop cruise in the Caribbean. The cruise ship's excursions are very expensive and always get bad reviews so I decided to do some research. I contacted several companies in St. Lucia, and the best response I received was from Fabian. All the tours are private so there is no rushing or taking too long anywhere because you go at your pace. Everything that Fabian said we'd do in his e-mail, we did! So first off Fabian was not our driver, Paul was. Paul is so much fun. First if you have never been to St. Lucia, there are more vendors than usual on the island. Paul helped to make sure we didn't feel to overwhelemd by them which I am so thankful for. Paul took us to all of the good places. We had the kasava bread, it comes in many varieties and we tried a few. Eat it hot it's so yummy. We went to the volcano and a botanical garden. Paul let us stroll through the garden at our own pace. We never felt rushed and a big thing for me....he's a very safe driver. He let us ask anything we wanted and answered all of or questions. We mentioned we had flying fish on barbados and how much we enjoyed it and wish we could have some more. He stopped and bought us some flying fish for lunch. The best part though is when you are on an island and they completely immerse you in their culture. Paul stopped at a road stand where a guy with a huge machete and a pile of coconuts had set up shop. Paul wanted us to try the St. Lucia jelly coconut. The man chopped the top off, let us drink the milk out, then chopped it in half for us to eat the coconut. What a fantastic experience. Then we went to have fresh isalnd fruit smoothies where the man let us sample all of his fresh island fruits before making us a smoothie with them. Try the starfruit! If we ever find ourselves in St. lucia again we'd defnitely book with Fabian tours again....and probably even request Paul as our driver. Oh one last tip be sure to bring plenty of $1 bills.....it costs to use any restroom on the island and we didn't have singles and found ourselves in a predicament. Luckily Paul helped us out.

1  Thank Mon S