“What a difference a year makes!”
Review of Tao

Tao
Ranked #24 of 250 Restaurants in St. Lucia
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Southwater, West Sussex, UK
“What a difference a year makes!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

In 2012 we were staying at The Body Holiday and could not get enough of the Tao. The manager, Nasher, was brill and ran a very tight restaurant. This year we were at the sister resort, The Rendevouz, and had a day pass for The Body and a booking (hard to get) for the Tao in the evening. First disappointment, only 9.00pm bookings given to non-residents, second disappointment no Nasher, third disappointment, the standard of service has slipped. It was not as slick, service was slow and we were asked to leave our table as a queue was building up, 'but we are still waiting for our coffee we ordered 20 minutes ago!' 'Oh you can have that over there' Our table plus one other were left vacant for another 20 mins dispite the people waiting and I had to ask a further two times to get my coffee! We were never offered another glass of wine either. The people waiting had had their reservations mixed up and had been asked to come back later, plus another party had to wait over an hour even though there were empty tables. Pluses, the food is still excellent as is the location. Tao has lost direction.

• Visited August 2013

Gros Islet, St. Lucia
“Good but not great”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Tao while staying at another resort. We were given a lovely table overlooking the beach. The servers were very attentive. Service was much faster than at other restaurants in St. Lucia. While the overall cost of the meal was on part with that of other area restaurants. the appetizers were a little pricey. My husband had the chicken satay and I had a pu pu platter ( I don't remember what it was called) which included a chicken spring roll, a pork dumpling and sushi. I believe they were both $21. I had the sushi platter for dinner which was $22. The sushi platter is good but a little spicy mayo on the rolls would have made a big difference. It did come with sake though. Mixed drinks were reasonably priced at about $6. Desserts were about $11. The ginger creme brulee was unimpressive. My husband was underwhelmed by his pineapple tart but he really enjoyed that rum raisin ice cream that came with it.

• Visited June 2013
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“OK, but not worthy of the hype.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went to this restaurant during our visit to The Bodyholiday. The restaurant is on the beachfront of the hotel and there was a nice relaxed atmosphere inside. The staff were friendly and attentive but I would not consider this a fine dining restaurant by UK standards in terms of the food offering. I had the tempura for starters and the curry for main. I am not a great cook but both my husband and I agreed our own curry at home was probably just as good. We found the buffet in the hotel to be of the same quality, and with better choice and so I wouldn't bother going to Tao other than the one free visit available with all inclusive stays. It's not worth the extra money over the buffet dining. Nice for a change though.

• Visited June 2013