“Great cruise, but no food”

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures - Saint Lucia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore volcanoes, take a mud bath in a natural spring, zip line through the trees, go off roading on a ATV tour and more! Island Routes is an independently-operated tour company that handpicks the best of the best things to do and see in the Caribbean. Come and experience fully-guided, one-of-a-kind adventure tours that utilize the most premium equipment, training, and safety standards in the industry! Island Routes is also a contributor and leader in understanding the importance of environmental and sustainable tourism. Currently operating tours in St. Lucia , Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Grenada, Barbados, Grand Cayman, St. Maarten and Jamaica.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
glassboro
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great cruise, but no food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We took the Martinique Splendor cruise from St Lucia on March 28, 2013. The cruise itself was great, but the tour company did not have enough food on board for everyone. After being on a boat all day, we were starving and the captain would not accept responsibility. Would recommend if you go bring a bag lunch and ask for food refund money.

Trinidad
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Almost missed my cruise”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked the Lover's Rock Sunset Cruise (St Lucia) for March 30th, 2013 and was disappointed with the service offered by Island Routes.

I was given an Itinerary including a pick up time of 4:20PM at my villa for a 5:00PM sailing. At 4:30PM, there was still no one in sight and no one contacted me. I called the query number (using an international roaming phone as I do not reside in St Lucia) only to be initially told that the cruise was not being offered.

A further search revealed that the cruise was leaving at 5:00PM and that the pick up driver was having problems finding my location. This was my first trip to St Lucia and I was not familiar with the area but recalled that there was a mall in the vicinity of my villa at which I could meet the driver. However, that was when I realised that the driver was not in fact searching for me but had already dropped off the remaining passengers at the boat. I was given the name of the local company offering the cruise and told to find them. I was truely lost!

I must give some credit to the attendant on the phone who was trying to be as helpful as possible even though it appeared that she was based in Jamaica and having a three way phone conversation with the local company in St Lucia to assist me. She did eventually get some useful directions to me at 4:50PM but advised that the boat was still scheduled to depart at 5:00PM.

By the grace of God, a rental car, road map, international phone plan and the kindness of random St Lucians to give directions, I was able to reach Vigie Cove and meet the boat at 5:30PM. The local company, Carnival Sailing had kept the catamaran waiting and we were able to board. Albeit and understandably, we did meet a few upset faces as we had delayed an entire sunset cruise (over 25 persons) by half an hour.

The cruise itself was amazing but I would advise future clients to book directly with Carnival Sailing and forego the third party booking agencies.

2 Thank ShawnB_TT
Houston, Texas
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Land + Sea Adventure = The best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you could only do one adventure tour on the island, this would be the best selection as it gives you a seven hour look at the island.
From the bays, villages, and fields of bananas to the beautiful Botanical Gardens, the day was paced perfectly. Flora at the gardens is diverse, the Sulphur Springs Volcano was smelly and fascinating and lunch at a beautiful jungle restaurant was superb!
The second part of the day was spent on a spacious catamaran where we cruised around to see a different perspective of the island. Snorkeling in Marigot Bay was enjoyable and a nice way to end the tour.
Excellent excursion and worth the price!!!

1 Thank Alexa8776
IslandRoutes, Manager at Island Routes Caribbean Adventures - Saint Lucia, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Alexa we are delightful that you enjoyed our Land and Sea Tour! We are happy that you were able to experience the culture of St. Lucia and that it will be an experience you will never forget. Thanks for booking with us! We can't wait to go on more adventures with you in the future.

“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Day pass. Everthing from start to finsh was perfect. Loved this resort! I wasnt sure about booking an excursion ouside of the cruise company, but im so happy we did. This was our best excursion from our 7 day cruise. Its so relaxing. We had a private driver. They made sure we made it back to port with time to spare. Drinks included, and all the water sports, and no kids. PERFECT

Michelle we are delighted that we were able to far exceed your expectations at Island Routes. Thanks for booking with us! We can't wait to go on more adventures with you in the future.

Boston
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good times!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were in St. Lucia for 10 days. It rained 1 day. The day we went Zip-lining. Honestly best move ever. What are you going to do on the resort when it rains. Sex and drinking only can make up part of the day. George of the jungle was funny and his peeps were considerate despite heavy downpour (it is a rainforest). Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
We are thrilled that even on a rainy day you still enjoyed your Ziplining adventure with us. Thanks for booking with us! We can't wait to go on more adventures with you in the future.