“The word beautiful is not enough!!!”
Review of Pitons

Climbing the Pitons Tour
Ranked #10 of 180 things to do in St. Lucia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A spectacular landmark of St. Lucia visible for miles, Petit Piton and Gros Piton are twin volcanic spires majestically soaring out of the sea with waves crashing around their bases.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Me and my partner visited in October 2012

words can not not put into context the gorgeousness that is the Pitons that you will see!

They will take your breath away and I am near 100 per cent sure that you will walk away thinking that you have never seen anything quite so amazing in your life.

1  Thank Shereen1410
Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"amazing sight"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is an amazing thing to do while in St. Lucia...but proceed with caution. My husband and I chose to do this but won't do it again. If you are an experienced MOUNTAIN climber then it's amazing. If you are any less than that, know that these are rocks...steep rocks you climb...sometimes on all fours. They do send you with about 4 or large5 guides if your a large group that way you can go down if it's too rough. I made it halfway but my husband went to the top. Views are incredible...he said the top wad like being in the clouds but again be prepared...I was not.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

In my opinion, this is one of those things in life that you do mostly to be able to say you did it (and for the views of course). The hike to the top was hard and the hike coming down was just as hard, if not harder because I was tired and worried about rolling my ankle or slipping and falling. In order to do this you need to arrive early. We arrived at 9 am, I would be worried about arriving any later than that because it gets hotter later in the day. You need to bring plenty of water with you, I would budget 1 liter per person, at least. We actually took 2 liters per person and drank all of it. Bring some light snacks (granola bars, cookies, peanut butter crackers) and bug spray. And of course bring your camera for the beautiful views at the top. This is not an easy hike but it is doable for anyone who makes up their mind to get to the top. The average hike length is 2 hours up and 2 hours down, it took us 2.5 hours up and 2.5 hours down. Our guide told us about 1 lady who took 4 hours to go up and 4 hours to go down. It really doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as you get to the top. The cost for the guide was $34US total for 4 people. Taxi to get to the guide was separate and that price is determined by your driver. I was very proud of myself for finishing it but I'm not doing it again. I have the photos already so I don't have to do it again :-)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

there is a roped off area for snorkelers, so you don't have to worry about boats. there are a variety of fish, but no turtles. the water is pretty clear, but not as good as some beaches in barbados or st thomas. the snorkeling beach is small and chairs are limited. you are right next to a beautiful private resort, but they will not let you onto their beach.