“Nice beach, good snorkeling, expensive restaurant”
Review of Jalousie Beach

Jalousie Beach
Ranked #25 of 169 things to do in St. Lucia
More attraction details
Owner description: This white-sanded beach sits right at the foot of the majestic Pitons.
Atlanta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Nice beach, good snorkeling, expensive restaurant”
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We visited Jalousie Beach on two days in July of 2007.
The beach has imported white sand, which was only a minor improvement over the native sand we'd encountered elsewhere on the island.
The chairs and shade "huts" are for the use of Jalousie residents only, although I believe you can rent them for an outrageous sum. There is plenty of sand on which to spread your towel, however.
There is a roped off reef to the right of the beach at the base of the Petit Piton. There is a pretty steep drop off, but lots of coral and fish to see before the ocean floor drops into the "abyss." We saw many types of parrot fish, a baby moray eel, trumpet fish, and many others. My husband even saw a baracuda.
One day we ate lunch at the Bayside Bar and Grill. The prices were excessively high, but the food was tasty.
We explored the plantation a bit, and found the remains of some of the sugar mill machinery.

6 Thank sehkmet22

Massachusetts
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 219 helpful votes
“Pretty beach right at the base of the Pitons! Good Snorkeling too!”
Reviewed April 6, 2007

Recently went to this beach as part of a tour that I booked while on a cruise. I had about one hour to enjoy this beach and wish that I had more time there.

There were beach chairs for rent $20 a chair and food but it was VERY expensive. I am not sure that if you stayed at the resort if all of the amenities of the beach would be free of charge.

The snorkeling area is off to one side of the beach and is really nice. I saw many different types of coral that I had not seen before and the water clarity was excellent. The water was very deep but you could see all the way down! Excellent!

There is a shower, change rooms and also a restroom available as well. The thing about this beach that makes it so different is it's location to the Pitons. It is so humbling to be swimming and snorkeling next to them and it is a lifetime experience!

9 Thank BlushPell