“Not relaxing”

$108.99*
St Lucia Sunset Segway Tour with Dinner
Ranked #23 of 169 things to do in St. Lucia
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the island’s best beaches has a luxury resort on its golden sands.
Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Not relaxing”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent a beach day here and wanted to have a relaxing time just reading a book and napping. The water had some mild waves and a little bit of a steep entry point with some rocky areas. The water was more or a greenish color and the visibility not very good. The beach was decent, with brown sugar sand and views of pigeon island. My rating is low because of the experience we had but the beach would have such a better atmosphere if the vendors were less aggressive and persistent. They really do hassel you and this actually ruins the experience. The couple in the chairs beside us left because I overheard the wife say that "this is ridiculous, this is just too much" ( referring to the beach vendors)
Our main goal was for a relaxing, quiet beach day. Unfortunately, we were not able to do so because we were constantly being interrupted by the local vendors trying to sell us things and ask if we wanted to rent a jet ski. We always responded with a polite "no thank you".It didn't matter and became quite annoying as the same vendors would repeatedly approach and interrupt us numerous times even if they saw me napping or my boyfriend reading. In the 3 hours that we were there, we would be hasseled byvendors about every 15 minutes.
We were eventually had to just say "no thank I'm just here to read" or " no thanks, I'm just going to relax" and even when I was napping they would bother me.
I know that they are just trying to make money, but after we had responded numerous times with a polite no thankyou, it didn't seem to matter. They are very persistent.
We did had to pay for an umbrella and 2 beach chairs, $20 total and didn't mind the price if we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves, but if we knew we were going to be persistently hasselled, we would have chosen another beach.
note: we saw 2 i vendors arguing and cursing at each other for about 15 minutes in the presence of a tourist about a business dealing. The one vendor was cursing at the other vendor(a boat operator that gives those "couch" rides) and calling him dishonest for taking his business and ripping off the tourist with his prices. Meanwhile, the tourist was just standing there dumb-founded while the 2 men argued. Other tourists were just watching in disbelief and awe. So unprofessional, but I guess anything is possible when it comes to business and money.
The one unique experience was meeting the Fruit Man who operates his boat along the beach strip and sells fruit. We bought a fresh coconut for $2 USD and he cuts it open for you to drink the coconut water and eat the coconut. We had to hit the coconut against the fence to break it open further to eat. He got alot of business and sold all types of fruit except for mango which was not in season.
There is a lady that walks around selling beer and homemade roti that she carries in a plastic container. I did see people buying form her.
I would not pay for any watersports activities with such a man who behaves in such a way.
Would I return to this beach or recommend it to anyone? No, I would not. If you want to relax, choose another beach

Visited October 2012
9 Thank iluvsunandsand

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Vendors ruined our time here”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The beach itself actually seemed quite pleasant. We probably would have had a good time if it weren't for being constantly pestered by the vendors selling trinkets and stuff I could have pulled off a tree in the area. I think your time is better spent at another beach or tour in the area. Chairs and umbrellas seemed overpriced as well.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Munky13k
Waterbury, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great beach”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our accommodations were on the beach and we had several breakfasts, happy hours and dinner on the edge of the beach..very clean..light waves. best place for watersports.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Ruth267_12
Calgary
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Ruined by Agressive Vendors”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I understand that during low season the vendors are quite competitive for what little business exists; however that doesn't make feeling like "fresh meat" any more plesant. If you go, take lots of cash as any incidentals will require this form of payment. If you're arriving by cruise ship I'd advise planning a beach day at some other port; most of the other islands we visited had nicer sand and prettier water.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank ronandannette
luton
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Was OK”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Maybe because it was September but it was very quiet and not as breathtaking as beaches in Jamaica which is why I have only given it an average score but it was a nice beach to visit.

Visited September 2012