“Wonderful overall tour of the island!”
Review of Joe Knows Tours

Joe Knows Tours
Ranked #20 of 184 Tours in St. Lucia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This tour was so much fun, and a great way to see a lot of the island from land and ocean. We booked the tour through them directly, not our Sandals La Toc (which we recommend) resort. So day of our tour, JR called out my husband by name and gave him a hug and sat us at the front of his boat! They saw that THREE cruise ships had pulled into port, so adjusted the day's schedule a bit to stay ahead of the crowds.

You start out on the boat, we picked up a couple in Marigot Bay along the way. We landed and then took vans to the mud bath. You walk down, they have a bucket of mud that you apply to yourself, and spouse, let it dry and then rinse off in the 100 degree sulfphur springs bath. Our skin felt amazing after! Then the vans took us to a beatiful, refreshing water fall. Then we headed back for a local lunch, which was pretty good. Then got back on the boats, got full view of the Pitons, and then stopped for some snorkeling. They don't have fins, but you're able to enjoy it just the same. Heads, guys in canoes come up to you here and try to sell you things. It was annoying, but didn't ruin the trip.

Heading back we stopped to drop the couple back off in Marigot Bay. A fellow tourist noticed the Dolittle Restaurant and offered to buy us all a round of beer if we didn't mind making the extra stop. JR left it up to the boat, of course we all said yes, so got a fun extra stop!

Since the tour went past Sandals La Toc, they dropped those of us staying there off at the resort, right on the beach on our way back! Was nice not to have to go back to the port and take the van back.

This is a high energy fun tour! We had a family of 4 on our boat and the JR and crew kept this mind which was nice. They monitored the music and made sure the kids had plenty of water and sodas to drink, while the adults had the choice of their amazing Rum Punch. Their rum punch was probably the best drink I had in St. Lucia.

I can't recommend this tour enough!!

1  Thank SatinDoll78
Write a ReviewReviews (1,479)
All reviews
in 56 reviews
"an absolute blast"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Joe Knows tour was a highlight of our trip. But it may not be for everyone. Those young at heart would definitely enjoy more. Lots of dancing and hype and music playing which makes it a lot of fun for those who like that, which my husband and I did. You get to see a bit of everything, the highlight for me was the authentic meal on the beach front. Wear lots of sunscreen (waterproof!) is my best advice to other travelers. My only recommendation about the trip is for a larger boat, other similar tours I've been on were more catamaran style so that you could walk around and have a bit more space while on the water, plus they are easier to get in and out of the water and have bathrooms on the boat (although there were facilities at the stops on land). But overall a really fun day!

1  Thank hsjami
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Loved the places visited on the excursion (pitons, mud bath, waterfall) but didn't enjoy the overall experience.
In high temperatures it's very important to keep properly hydrated. This is common sense. But on this boat you had to ask and ask for water, although rum punch was offered constantly from around 9.30 to 3.30. This is unusual as most tours discourage consumption of alcohol before snorkelling.
As for entertainment, the crew enjoyed exposing and gyrating their bellies to loud music and whooping the whole time. Ho hum! Not my idea of a treat.
And the humour was extremely crude.
We've done similar excursions with other providers previously and had a great time. However Joe Knows seemed remarkably unprofessional. We were really glad to get off that boat. Definitely do not recommend.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a wonderful tour with our family that included snorkeling, boat tours, a trip into the volcano for a mud bath and a waterfall shower. Also a hit was the lunch prepared beach side. If you go on this trip and want a good guide I would Highly recommend our Guide "JR". He was recommended to us and we were able to request him. He's a great, funny, and smart young man that brought good energy to our experience.

2  Thank Dplude