“If there's one tour you do, this should be it!”
Review of Joe Knows Tours

Joe Knows Tours
Ranked #4 of 176 Tours in St. Lucia
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I are active and love to see and do as much as possible on our vacations. If you want one tour to get the most bang for your buck, then Joe Knows is it. We were on a boat with JR, BK, and Captain Cupid. They were outstanding. It amazes me how these guys could keep their energy levels up and be so upbeat and entertaining, even though they must do this day in and day out. That alone impressed me, because on some tours you do you can tell the guides are going through the same song and dance and rehearsed lines, but these three really sold themselves and the Joe Knows experience. I also loved that they were so accomodating to take pictures for all the couples on trip at every stop we made.
I could describe the different aspects of the tour, but other reviewers have already done that, so I'll let you read theirs for that. Just know that it was all awesome and out of the 4 tours we did while at St. Lucia (including the ATV ride, the horseback riding, and the deep sea fishing) THIS one was our absolute favorite.
Here are just some tips to enhance your trip:
First, ask around to meet Joe, he actually stopped by our resort the day we were booking the tour. He is hilarious, we loved getting to talk to him. He doesn't actually do the tours any more, but that's because he worked himself up from an entrepeneur selling trips on the beach to a successful tour guide that Sandals finally hired as a private contractor. It's impressive how he built up his business, and when I told him how I'd already read about the reviews about him online and read about his history, he was absolutely tickled by that. He also remembered me and my husband when we saw him later at the tour (he made an appearance and said hello to everyone before we boarded he boats.) So, if you get a chance, tell him Tony and Caitlin from Raleigh say hi! :)
Also, when you get in the boats, get a seat near the back near one of the tour guides. We were at the back with BK, and it gave us a chance to ask him about different locations we were passing by, like asking him to point out which house actually belongs to George Foreman. The guides are fun and make you laugh, but they're also very informative about the island, too.
Yes, they serve some drinks on the trip, but this is not just a party cruise. And there's no pressure to drink if you're not a big drinker. Honestly, the trip was all about seeing fun and seeing a large part of the island in one day. Enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Wow, all I can say is I was super stoked to hit this tour up on our weddingmoon after reading reviews, and it lived up to all the hype. We had bk and jr and captain junior. Just awesome guys who knew a lot, were very sociable and treated u like family. The lunch was awesome, the hot springs and mud bath were a once in lifetime experience for us midwest folks. Waterfall was refreshing and the snorkeling was amazing. The partying doesn't start til after snorkeling n stuff, cuz joe knows no paperwork :-) they keep u sober til the ride back but I got drunk and we were flying down the west coast. Man, I should've did this tour twice....highlight for me tho was some dude I met, kinda drunk, just gettin up and dancing to the song "I'm on a boat" and bk jammin with him and he's yeling at airplanes singin, hilarious! We hung out with that couple that night....awesome experience, do this tour!!!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I would both agree that this tour was one of the highlights of our honeymoon in St. Lucia. Cupid, BK, and JR were amazing tour guides who not only showed us the best places on the island and the history, but kept everyone engaged and laughing the entire trip! Not only was the tour guides amazing and it was a blast, with this tour, you are able to get the most for your buck meaning you were able to see and do more on this tour compared to the others. With Joe Knows tours you are able to see all the famous places of the island, plus visit the volcano and take a sulfur bath, wash off in a beautiful waterfall, eat at an amazing Creole lunch, and then go snorkeling while with the other tours, you have to pick and choose what you want to do and are not able to do all things listed above. I highly recommend this tour if you want to see the island and all that it offers while having a blast with some amazing locals! To the owner of Joe Knows, you have some wonderful employees working for you... BK, Cupid, JR, and Portia are amazing people and I feel blessed to have met them!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Big Willie, Big Al, and Captain Cupid showed us the best time in St. Lucia. It was awesome fun & we recommend taking the tour. Willie was great fun, knowledgeable, and kept the group laughing the whole way. The boat ride, rum punch, and the views were great on their own, but adding the snorkeling, sulphur springs, the waterfall, and then lunch put it over the top. Five star whoop whoop!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Big Al, Snoop and captain Will were absolutely awesome. I went in June 2012 and its now September and as I plan my next getaway- I hope they have tour guides and a tour as good as this one in Jamaica. They went OUT of their way to make sure everyone had a great time! It was fun, as well as educational and just an all around great time for young-old. We had a woman on our tour that was older and with her daughter and she had a great time as well. They leave no man behind -I had a medical issue during my tour and they waited for me and made sure everything was good and clear before going onto the next site. They were so kind- took every single couples picture and really made you feel like family. I would recommend this as THE TOUR TO TAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone knows- its Joe!

** wear a dark bathing suit and dark clothes or ones you wont mind staining!**
**bring tip money! these guys deserve it and no one was carrying cash because the hotel did NOT tell us to***