“Needs a little work” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dasheene at Ladera

Dasheene at Ladera
Ranked #15 of 242 Restaurants in St. Lucia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Castle Pines, Colorado
“Needs a little work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The staff throughout the resort were very nice and pleasant to deal with, save the restaurant staff. They seemed somewhat inconvenienced when you walked in. Now, I will say that their uniforms were not only out dated, they looked to be as hot, confining and uncomfortable as one can imagine. This is an island resort in the middle of the Caribbean for goodness sake! If this is a requirement of the owners, then they need a lesson in fashion! As far as the food goes, I highly recommend on of the restaurants at Sugar Beach! For one, the tropical fruit juice served at breakfast wasn't watered down as it was at Dasheene and was naturally sweet; it didn't need the simple syrup given to us at Dasheene.

We had two meals at SB and it was amazing.

Don't get me wrong; the views at Dasheene were amazing! The atmosphere, however, was/is lacking tremendously. Dasheene/Ladera need to incorporate a bit of A/C throughout the complex. Every now and then a dry, cool place is refreshing in an area such as st. Lucia.

Visited June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
nc
“Food and view were amazingggg!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place!! We ate here all 3 nights we were here, and never had a bad meal! My husband ordered the fresh catch of the day every night, and was never disappointed! The filet was amazing!! I loved it so much, I asked the chef to make it again the last night I was there, and he was so nice, and made it for me again!! The desserts were also amazing! Our waitress was Leah, and she was soooo nice! If you go to St. Lucia, def. visit this place for dinner, you wont regret it!!

• Visited June 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“The view, the view, the view........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

A reservation for sunset is a must. With that said, the setting is beyond words. However the food is not. The service was top notch and wine list very pleasing but when I was there, it was obvious to me they either lost their mojo or their top chef. Not that the food was bad but for its pricey nature the food should have been a notch up for my taste. You won't find the same atmosphere at any other spot for dinner on St. Lucia. Go for the view not the food just yet. I have faith the management will find a "top chef " to rival their view. I hope they take notice! I would come back and give it another go.

Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great eats.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at Ladera so it was an easy decision. But multiple locals and travelers mentioned that Dasheene was the best place to eat on the island.

Visited March 2013
Denver, Colorado
“great view, but go for drinks not food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We thought the whole dining experience was overrated and we should have stopped at the sunset cocktail. I had to send my food back, one course was very good, and was course was very bad

Visited April 2013